Nut allergy

It seems like a reasonable alternative in the circumstances to letting a distressed child starve.

3 Likes

Bit extreme, what on earth did we eat before McD’s? Oh I remember real food. Zoe gut project, you wont find many supporters of processed food. Tim Spector messed up his own sons gut with an experiment to eat McD’s

Its not actually about that, its about looking for solutions to the nut allergy so the child can enjoy a fuller safer life. The risk of accidentally eating a seed (most nuts are seeds) is high, so looking for ways to minimise the issue has to be the way forward.

Well, at home her parents take her to a small range of restaurants that they have checked out and where she feels confident enough to eat. They rarely visit McDo at home but on holiday it’s the only one she feels familiar with.

Envoyé depuis l’application Mail Orange

Dory you don’t have to offer an explanation They took a poorly child to somewhere she felt comfortable and she enjoyed it .End of

1 Like

Well FWIW I agree with Corona about the effects of McDo if included too regularly in one’s lifestyle.

But travelling around the world and even in European countries I have gone to McDo because you know what you’re going to get as a core menu and it will be safe. And sometimes I have just had enough of the biases of whichever foreign food it is or I’m tired and just want to feel “safe” and grab something I know without fuss. And I do say dietary Hail Marys each time.

2 Likes

Never underestimate the benefit of a prayer around food. Not least, the body moves into a better place with which to digest what’s on offer - mind over matter and it can work.
Many years ago I was in a client meeting and the lovely man had brought us all Danish pastries to go with our coffee. I cannot eat wheat flour based products - I get very bad bloating. I felt I could not refuse his generosity, so I sent up a quick prayer. May be coincidence but my stomach was just fine.