Oh What A Surprise!

@David_GAY I’m quite tempted to start a thread on ‘management speak’…or at the very least ‘run it up the flagpole’ :slight_smile:

PS I thought exactly the same as you re GW’s response to me! Can’t imagine what it must be like having him as a CEO - tortuous… Frankly if he’s a CEO I don’t understand how on earth he has time to be on SFN!

2 Likes

Let’s give it a shove and see if the wheels fall off. I had a director who told us “don’t bring me problems bring me solutions”. He was quite the most useless incumbent of the post in recent memory.

2 Likes

I have not come across many strong lefties here in southern burgundy.

1 Like

Your very lucky Jane, where I live in the Dordogne there’s lots of them. Most negative lot. After all you can’t change anything you just think positively and keep going. Regards Geof.

1 Like

Hi David I always get the same from you, negativity, course I’m smiling I have a fantastic company and been fully retired for over 20 years. Don’t work harder Laddie work smarter. You obviously never did as your a very negative person with a downer on management.
As a CEO my staff come on as youngsters and work to retirement. I have a fantastic relationship with my people even though I don’t see them often. All friends on Facebook.
The success of my company has always been due to treating everyone very well and furthering them through the Group. I’m having a massive party for all the staff in September to commerate our companies 50th birthday, even retirees will be coming. The way to treat staff is to always encourage them with positivity and treat them how you expect to be treated yourself.

I dont have colleagues I have friends and a bloody good management that are so experienced with at least 25 years service. No wonder we are number ONE in Europe.

Don’t lecture me on management.

2 Likes

I’m about to ‘advise’ you on modern management techniques…

Actually - you’ll find that it is sooooooo much better to treat people how THEY would like to be treated - not how you want to be treated, that’s just arrogance.

Your management ‘style’ seems very last century. Based on your reply to David (and others) - you quite obviously skipped the chapter on self-awareness in the Management for Dummies Little Book of Cliché.

However, I suppose virtual friends on Facebook are better than none…

Is this type of response really necessary?

1 Like

Usual suspects way off topic again, sort yourselves out gents.

Yes it absolutely is @Rik_Newell and @james. I started the discussion.

Probably not but hell he’s such an ass… He’s got form as well . Always spouting on in his inimitable golf club style. Well probably not always because I thought he’d buggered off back to wherever he came from. I can’t find any more of his posts but I must have said something in reply which, hopefully, got under his skin in the past as he remembers me. Funnily enough he sounds remarkably like CJ in “The Rise and Fall of Reginald Perrin” but less likeable.

4 Likes

Looks like the naughty step for us then Simon. Geoff enters crowded bar. Bar empties.

2 Likes

:slight_smile: Yep David - getting really bored with the naughty step. Feels like it’s always open season on me but whenever I retaliate or express my own view (however unpopular that may be, it’s still my view) - I get silenced. As I said - bored and pretty much worn down.

1 Like

:kiss: Simon, I know you and I have had a spat or two the past, because we both express our own views and they’re not always the same. But for the record, I have come to greatly appreciate and respect your posts because they’re honest and intelligent and I know you’re for real, you’re not here on an ego trip pretending to be someone or something you’re not. So please don’t take your bat home.

3 Likes

I’m very relieved an important person like Geof has been able to take a moment off from his international dealmaking and jet-setting and hobnobbing with the great and good to tell us uninformed humble folk how it will all pan out, I feel much better now.
Even though I’m a bit worried about all these terrible hard-left types in Dordogne.

3 Likes

@vero Thanks so much - you just made me laugh out loud!! Have a great evening :slight_smile:

1 Like

One can hardly move here on the Gironde Dordogne border without tripping over a Red Guard.

2 Likes

Information on Interlevin Holdings Ltd suggests your normal place of residence is France not Ghent which when I last looked was in Belgium. Keep selling the fridges Geoff.

@David_GAY - Starting to feel like this thread has developed into something unpleasant -

In Internet slang, a troll (/ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is a person who sows discord on the Internet by starting arguments or upsetting people, by posting inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community (such as a newsgroup, forum, chat room, or blog) with the intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal, on-topic discussion,[3] often for the troll’s amusement.

1 Like

Thank you so much. I’ve had run ins with Geoff before. He doesn’t care for people who question his point of view.

1 Like

Hi David, looking on the internet nobody knows where I am. I was a tax resident in France many years ago but when Hollande became president and put taxes up, I like thousands of French including the Carfour family moved over the border.

The EU has tax havens set up in Flanders and Luxembourg for higher earners.
Dear old Jean Claude Juncker is a clever man with finance, after all you would not expect the high earners in Brussels to lose their hard earned money, also the special schools they have in Luxembourg for their children.

So it used to be winter in Pomezia, Roma, and summer in France and the rest of the time in Ghent. But we have now moved completely out of Italy to Ghent.

We were upset watching what is happening re the economy and out of control immigration in Italy. The situation is just getting worse.