Olympic chat

Forgot to mention i am actually going tomorrow. 5 friends from Nissan-Lez-Enserune, twinned with Ampthill, Beds - are over and they have spare tickets so 12 of us are all going to ........handball tomorrow! Just going to search on the rules. My French mates also have spares for Sunday if anybody is interested - Fencing or Greco Roman Wrestling!! 3 for each event!

@cate I have the iplayer app and my own VPN, however thanks for the reply

Same as Johnny - we only have French TV so I have to put up with Nelson too, he has to be one of the most annoying people on French TV and thankfully he doesn't cover cycling! So I'm completely up to date with all the French medals and performances and only get the odd glimpse of GB performances!

I was lucky enough to go to Greenwich to see the Cross-country phase of the 3-day eventing. It was absolutely magic and the atmosphere was amazing. It was a very twisty course and although some people said it was easy before the event there were a lot of fallers and a lot had time faults. Zara absolutely gunned it round the course and was 8 secs under the time. We sat in the arena and found that we were about 20 yards from the royal party. Not deliberately; we wondered why all the photographers were training their cameras on the crowd! Doh! Ev eryone went ballistic when Zara came in it was special, I even had a tear in my eye. Even the travelling went smoothly which is what I was most worried about and we didn't have to queue long to get in. So I have to say 'go team GB'.

You can subscribe to something like www.ukproxy.tv which is about £ 6 per month and this "puts you" in the UK. Works fine for me.

Hope I am not breaking any rules by mentioning this - if so, apologies

You need to connect via a proxy server or VPN in the UK so that the BBC doesn’t know your PC’s IP address ie that it it outside the UK. I can recommend a package but as I am not sure of I can mention it here, try Googling “identity cloaker” All legit and they offer a free 10 day trial, however you need a reasonable broadband speed.

We were lucky enough to get tickets and spent the day in the Olympic Village on Monday. We had women's basketball (not my favourite sport) but great atmosphere in nearly full 12,000 arena made it exciting. The Village itself is great and we had an excellent day taking in the very friendly ambiance.

We have both Canal + and Sky at home so we can watch both UK and French events - overall medal rivalry is great between our two nations

We too only have French TV so we have been watching endless judo,fencing & handball matches!YAWN Not exactly what I would like to watch given a choice! The swimming coverage has been quite good - lots of sucessful French swimmers - but no diving unfortunately. Now really looking forward to the athletics but doubt we will see all the events unless the French team do well.

....not a massive sports fan, but as we have had the cycling just up the road, non-stop cheering crowds, helicopters wizzing above, the torsh just around the corner from us and on the river down the road last Friday on it's way to the Olympic Statidum, well, it's difficult not to get just a bit excited - and as I'm Danish and have lived in the UK for many years - seeing the rowing a few days ago, where our Crown Prince Frederik gave out bronze metals to Denmark, silver metals to Great Britain and gold to South Africa (brilliant and good for them) at Dorney Lake a few days go, watching the sailing just now, a Dane and Brit battling the waves on the south coast - my motto will be may the best win.... so happy Olympic Games watching all....and have a nice weekend :)

Fortunately back in the UK. BBC have 25 channels dedicated to the Olympics!! Sport heaven! My wife is not so happy!I do tend to blub a bit as well.

I've been watching all sorts on my Sky Digibox with the red button at lunch time and after work:

Archery, gymnastics, swimming, bit of judo, athletics now, hockey, beach volleyball.

Love it!

I like tennis, rugby, horse racing (flat, but will watch jumps) and rock climbing. I feel a bit left out!

Me watching sport - watched most of it - as the wife is there!!

I go on Saturday so look out on Sunday at the show jumping and especially for my wee Scottish

friend called - Scott Brash riding a horse called "Hello Sanctos" of course there will be no drink consumed

when I am back as I will purely be a tourist !!