One for the ladies, even if you've read it before, it's good to be reminded :-

Purple Hat

Age 3 She looks at herself and sees a Queen

Age 8 She looks at herself and sees Cinderella

Age 15 She looks at herself and sees an Ugly Sister ('Mum, I can't go to school looking like this!')

Age 20 She looks at herself and sees 'too fat / too thin / too short / too tall / too straight / too curly' - but decides she's going out anyway

Age 30 She looks at herself and sees 'too fat / too thin / too short / too tall / too straight / too curly' - but decides she doesn't have time to fix it, so she's going out anyway

Age 40 She looks at herself and sees 'clean' and goes out anyway

Age 50 She looks at herself and sees 'I am' and goes wherever she wants to

Age 60 She looks at herself and reminds herself of all the people who can't even see themselves in the mirror anymore - goes out and conquers the world

Age 70 She looks at herself and sees wisdom, laughter and ability and goes out to enjoy life

Age 80 Doesn't even bother to look - just puts on a purple hat and goes out to have fun with the world

Maybe we should put on that purple hat earlier...

DH, Clive, so agrees with you on that… absolutely his philosophy, too.

men

any age - looks in the mirror, strikes pose - yeah, great!

Looking on the bright side, which I try always to do, the temperatures here in the Creuse are definitely a little milder than of late, and I’m hoping that this is the start of better weather and more sunshine to perk us all up a bit. You sound as if you might be in need of a bit of perking…

Thank you very much, you are absolutely right. Yes I have read it before, more than once, but it is good to be reminded: especially since I am in a foul mood at the moment which could last for some time, at least until the begining of spring, which could be some time away in this part of France.