Opinion: John Bercow is itching to stop Brexit – and he might just succeed

You would not believe the abuse I get on Facebook when I post Brexit related content!

1 Like

SF is heavily biased towards remain app. 70/30% so if you’re expecting immigrants who live in France to support an exit from the EU then you’re in for a rough ride!

4 Likes

@Rocam for the record, I thought your comments sounded reasonable, but I suspect you have better things to do than defend yourself against the “entrenched” .

1 Like

Pot meet kettle - the vitriol spewed by Brexiteers on other social media platforms is 10x worse than any grief that Leavers get here.

We’re generally willing to discuss things, at least - OK, many hold strong views but there’s nowt wrong with that.

3 Likes

I’m still waiting to hear anything positive to come from leaving the EU, ‘leavers’ complain about so called ‘remoaners’ but do not support their stance with any evidence. Will one of you please stand up for your beliefs, educate and inform instead of complaining that nobody understands.

You have a platform here and I positively encourage you to use it fully.

2 Likes

Maybe start here?

Yes Paul, that might be so, but we are on this platform.

The comments on this post are pretty reasonable aren’t they, before someone mentioned Trump and liars and misogynists.

This illusion that “leavers” are all fine and dandy with the current status quo is fiction. It is what it is.

We are not your enemy, we just might disagree. We are on this site trying to work it out same as you and that is why we post our comments. Not to inflame but to “play it out” and see if it holds up to scrutiny.

My beef is that some of the comments from @Rocam and @rolyat have effectively been shutdown and swamped, and that doesn’t seem right or fair either.

Anyway I’m off topic, back to Bercow.

2 Likes

For the last time…!!! Off topic is ok and positively encouraged here :slight_smile:

1 Like

And quite what is wrong with mentioning liars and womanisers in the context of discussing Trump and Johnson?

Going off topic is confusing and dilutes any series discussion. Mention Trump in another thread and all those people interested in that topic can discuss there.

Otherwise is just a mess and negates the point of topics and categories.

So for the second time, Off topic is a distraction so try and employ more discipline. Or perhaps I should discuss my rambling wisteria problems here.

1 Like

We have been quite happily going off topic for the last ten years.
If it bothers you that much I am sure there are plenty of other forums where off topic comments get zapped the minute they have been posted. Perhaps you would be happier there…

3 Likes

My tomatoes are looking great by the way.

3 Likes

She is the owner of the site!!

5 Likes

@NCC-1701… meet @cat… the owner of this site :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

Co-owner :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Just duck the comments but make sure you never chicken out, you wouldn’t want to make a tit of yourself :laughing:

6 Likes

Ooooooopss

1 Like

OK, hands up when it comes to veering off topic.
I’ve been the main offender over the years.

Did anyone watch the North London derby last sunday ?

4 Likes

4 Likes