Optional baguette carrier - new Renault 5 Électrique

The new R5 is getting good reports within the motor trade. I’ve watched a couple of very flattering reviews on YouTube.

1 Like

Vehicle to load, use your car battery to run appliances on red days and charge on the cheap days :bulb:

2 Likes

Are you suggesting the in-car baguette carrier can be used to defrost a frozen baguette ??? sounds a great idea, if so…

Thats probably hoping for too much but you could plug in a small grill oven, microwave or toaster. :baguette_bread:

2 Likes

some years ago… we used to have a “travel kettle” which plugged in to the cigarette lighter socket… :wink:

I still have one and it might just make a cup of coffee in around 20 minutes but never get boiling for tea. At least with a lot of EV’s the vehicle to load can run most items up to 2kw for the MG range and 3kw for many others

Unnecessary luxury. Sure thats what the dashboard is for.

But in an accident the air bag goes off and you could be hit in the face by a baguette moving at 200 mph :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Now known as an “air baguette”…

4 Likes

Someone was supposed to say “crumbs” :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

3 Likes

Not to be confused with an aire baguette -

though some of these can also damage teeth…

1 Like

Aire today, gone tomorrow…

1 Like

The new Renault 5 e-tech seems very interesting. It has 52Kwh battery for 400km range (WLTP) and allegedly supports VTG, VTH and VTL. Charge 80/20% in 33 minutes with 50kW or 100kW DC fast charge. Price is said to start at €24,000 but I’ll believe that when I see it. It’s a small car, but really that’s all we need. I have a much larger car at the moment which is great for garden waste tip runs and avoiding delivery charges on large purchases. Just need a remorque to go with it.

1 Like

One of the best buys I made out here. If some company would make a decent waterproof at 110kph remorque, slightly more aerodynamic one I think I would use that on trips over and downsize from my bus.

Don’t know much about these things, but think you’d still also need a propulsion unit…

Well the horse goes before the cart, that said a lot of places I have worked they never really managed to do that. :joy:

Yes, the more I hear about them the more I like them. Can they tow though, some EVs can’t.

@Corona We’ve one of these, seems watertight enough. We’ve used it on the Cherbourg - Var long autoroute run a few times. I was quoted €600 to ship a piece of furniture from Dublin to here so I bought this for about €800 in Feu Vert and did the job myself, and ended up with the trailer too.

https://www.feuvert.fr/remorque/erde-remorque-erde-193-premium-avec-4-accessoires/p614255.html

2 Likes

Yes, the more I hear about them the more I like them. Can they tow though, some EVs can’t.

@Corona We’ve one of these, seems watertight enough. We’ve used it on the Cherbourg - Var autoroute a few times. I was quoted €600 to ship a piece of furniture from Dublin to here. So I bought this for about €800 in Feurvert and did the job myself, and ended up with the trailer too.

Do you tow that with the EV? What’s the effect on range?

That would depend a lot on weight loading, same as passenger numbers.