Optional baguette carrier - new Renault 5 Électrique

I thought initially this was a wind-up, but it seems the new Renault 5 électrique unveiled this week has an optional baguette carrier! Our dogs would love it, just the right height…

6 Likes

Handy for umbrellas too. The 5 looks cute.

1 Like

“There is also an anti-flour solution on the seat on the way back from the bakery. As an option, a wicker case to attach to the right of the center console, in front of the passenger seat, into which you can slide a baguette. Also works with a bouquet of flowers.”

This does look very interesting…

Much cheaper to buy a cloth bread bag than a car….:grin:

1 Like

Ah yes but with vehicle to load you can plug in a toaster as well :blush:

I see it’s got the steering wheel and the seats from a 1970s Austin Allegro. :smiley:

Plus ça change…

(ETA I believe a bacon sandwich holder made of plywood and covered in luxurious Skivertex™ was an option on the Allegro, but can’t seem to find it in British Leyland brochures of the time…)

4 Likes

Haha it’s so stereotypical but I love it… what else does it come with? A bag in the boot for storing your onions? A Gitanes-sponsored ashtray in the dashboard? A casette of Serge Gainsbourg’s greatest hits?

ETA: But who in their right mind only buys one baguette at a time?!?

2 Likes

Forget the baguette and crumbs… :wink:
I’m just so relieved they’ve finally provided somewhere to place a bouquet of flowers… I just hope it has a waterproof section at the bottom… to catch the drips…

A damp passenger seat and/or soggy carpet are simply too awful to contemplate and I’m sure that’s the reason OH rarely brings me flowers when he’s been out shopping… :wink: :wink:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

Or stopped for fuel :wink:

1 Like

Someone who doesn’t like stale baguettes?

1 Like

Baguettes can go stale?

Or a sawn-off shotgun!

2 Likes

There’s only so much bread I can eat…

We actually took a bread maker to France because of the difficulties of getting fresh bread every day.

Overall the car looks OK, although it seems someone has recycled ‘Clippy’ despite it being a hated Windows feature. Not convinced about seat design either, since they seem to have taken a leaf from Citroen’s book for the C3 aircross, and those seats aren’t great.

I hope it’s good and also well priced.

You wouldn’t need one with a stale rock hard baguette that turns into a cosh every night.

2 Likes

I saw a figure for the UK sales of €25k basic.

1 Like

Presumably also a hip flask holder for that Pre-Chasse sharpener…

If you buy three you get one free and the “Traditions” freeze perfectly. Pop one in the oven and Bob’s your uncle.

Buy pain au levain or whatever from an artisan boulanger, freeze it, then before going to bed, take it out to thaw overnight. Works a treat.

1 Like

Seems an expensive thing to do… especially on Red Days… :wink:

1 Like

Just noticed new high speed chargers in Carrefour and 1 hour free :partying_face: (up to 22kW) with a Carrefour passcard. Rouges hold no fear for me anymore, I’ll defrost them in the car. :slightly_smiling_face: