Orange - contracts internet

I am a bit confused. I was about to change internet contracts but was told that there is a ‘frais de resiliation’. I know what this is - but the contract is also ‘sans engagement’.
So am I right to conclude that you can cancel at any time - but it will cost you ?
Seems this is typical with internet providers. You can checkout but you can never leave as somone said.

Be careful as I have never paid anything after having Orange, then SFR and then joining Free with whom I still use. We had to go to the Répression des Fraudes when my son cancelled Orange legally and returned the equipment and they sent the Huissiers round after taking over €300 from his bank account without permission as a cancellation charge. The RF sorted it out and he got his money back. They have a bad reputation when you dump them.

1 Like

Better to discuss that issue with customer service before signing the contract. I’ve had a very positive experience with orange operator connect in the past, although I understand it might not be the same thing. Communicating your concerns with the customer service team can provide valuable insights and possibly address any specific queries you have about the contract. Sharing your expectations and clarifying details beforehand can contribute to a smoother and more satisfying experience with the service.

Don Henley said it.