ORANGE Thunderstorm warning

I’ve been on edge all day since my neighbours warned me yesterday…my weather app has been predicting thunderstorms since lunchtime…got everything fully charged in case…

Had only a smattering of rain so far and loved standing outside with bare feet and bare shoulders…

But I think it’s passed over us and I’m relieved

Hope everyone else are all ok too…

These pics are from our last thunderstorm at beginning of June…

1 Like

Apologies about the random border collie pic…thought I had only uploaded lightening photos :grinning: sorry x

1 Like

Great photos Helen - what’s your secret for catching the lightning?

1 Like

Massive storm during the night here in Paris - just went for my morning jog along the Seine and a whole tree has been uprooted, blocking an entire lane of the road!

Ditto🤔

Casualty of the storm!

would this help?

3 Likes

Last nights storm went over 24350 - not as big as expected but lost power for a good five hours - We switched everything off as it started to go off and on a few times. watched it coming on the lightening app i found on my phone

I think Michael Jackson had one of those :rofl:

Oh no looks like it was a lovely tree too!

I was actually outside on the way to the shower room (don’t ask!) at around 11.30 last night and there as just a sudden out of nowhere wind that came up - a bit freaky!

1 Like

Calm conditions followed by a sudden wind from variable directions are often followed by thunder and lightning about 30 minutes later…

From my aviation days - windshear
FAA P-8740-40 WindShear[hi-res] branded.pdf (2.2 MB)

Indeed - and that’s whence I dredged up my piece of met trivia!

It was pretty bad here with a lot of squall’s and heavy rain, some of the thunder claps had all the kittens hiding under the sofa.

I was asleep with my earplugs in by then so not sure if we had it or not :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Funny, we’ve not had anything like that here in the 6 years until last year and this year it has happened a few times. Odd.

Snoring husband per chance :yum::laughing:

It was a lovely peach tree, but my other half was going to replace it as he suspected the trunk was ‘dodgy’ Maybe Grahams’ glue would have been useful :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: thankfully this year was not a good crop!

2 Likes