Outrageous behaviour by the guilt blinded Germans?

Having committed two genocides last century, our German partners, rather than having learnt lessons, seem intent on supporting the Gaza one.

1 Like

I wonder if others would be equally denied. Perhaps ā€œguilt blindedā€ is too kind an explanation.

Professor Abu-Sitta could still speak at the French senate if they quickly rig up a screen as was done for President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on occasions when he couldnā€™t travel. The worse omission will be the personal contact and individual conversations that can have a powerful effect on what people feel and do next.

No one, not even Germany, can stop the truth

2 Likes

The ban was issued over a year ago so not directly related to the current situation although, it seems, Germany has taken the opportunity to enforce it now.

Be interesting to know why such a well respected surgeon should have had the ban issued and whether it is legally enforceable outside Germany.

1 Like

I think itā€™s disgraceful. And the Grauniad article says the ban is for 1 year ongoing.

1 Like

Nowadays it seems you can be arrested for criticising Israel in France too, using terrorisum charges!
There was an interesting article in Mediapart concerning the amount of French politicians, social workers, union leaders etc that have been arrested and questioned on terrorism charges. IIRC +/- 370.
Iā€™ll try to find the link but itā€™s behind a paywall.

1 Like

Could be a (disappointing) byproduct of Schengen I suppose.