Painting Holidays France

Learn to Paint in the beautiful Languedoc area of France with artist Nicola Blakemore

Go to www.nblakemore.com to learn more about me or www.bignogarrigo.com for availability

What is the area like?

Well, from an artists point of view it is fantastic. The air quality is superb giving you crystal clear light, bright colours and the biggest blue skies you can imagine, making painting and sketching ‘plein air’ a real pleasure.

As far as the scenery is concerned you have a wide choice of subject matter ranging from pretty old villages, historic monuments, canal side views, mountains, beaches, vineyards and......................You can tell I'm pretty enthusiastic about the area. A painters paradise! And all within easy reach of Quarante ( near Beziers by Le Canal du Midi )where I am based.

Read below what some students have said about my tuition

• 'We are so glad we discovered Nicola. She came to us in Provence and gave us the best tuition we have ever had. We all had so much fun we have booked her again for next year"

Mary Bohnam-Carter

• 'Like many others before me, retiring to the south of France has given me the opportunity to try new ventures. Nicola has opened my eyes to the wonder and enjoyment of art. Under her enthusiastic and expert tuition, and her patience, I have been introduced to a new world of colour, light and form. It is an ongoing delight. Thanks Nicola'.

Jo Stubbs. June 2010.

The climate is one of the best in France, with an average of 2750 hours/300 days of sun each year and an average rainfall lower than that of Provence. The summers are hot and sunny, the winters dry and mild, and it only rains at night – most of the time! Regional weather