Paras splat Corbyn

I asked the question… since… in the past, various folk have been quick to Flag… and some folk have now answered my question in whatever way they think fits… 'nuff said… or don’t you agree ?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Tim… :upside_down_face:

As an admin on another forum I frequently wish that people would try to politely address controversy themselves rather that press the flag button - particularly on Sunday.

1 Like

Thanks for your comments Jane… :upside_down_face:

Quite honestly I can’t be bothered with getting excited about Peter Goble.

2 Likes

Ooo!! You are awful!!! But I like you!!! :cupid::grinning:

https://images.app.goo.gl/hcxq2cCAfMbfyNVh9

2 Likes

It’s a bit naughty and disrespectful, sure - and I quite like Corbyn but, that said, we all know that politicians are fair ‘game’ and, to a certain degree, set themselves up to be ‘targets’. Who you take your frustrations out on will probably largely depend upon what scandal rags you read.
I had mused upon the idea of producing caricature masks in latex of the fizzogs of some of the nastier politicians and trouble-makers and making punchbags out of them. I think they’d prove popular down your local gym. Some have got particularly punchable faces.
I already have a little list of possible prototypes: Gove, Bojo, Murdoch, Farage, Hunt…… And not to leave out some crackers on the other side of the pond: McConnell, Sessions and, of course Trumpity Trump. Add your own pet hate……
I think they’d be a hit.

Like the Mikado, I’ve got a little list.

They…never…will…be…MISSED!? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

@kent:. “Some have got particularly punchable faces”.

I realise that this is intended as a light-hearted aside, but there’s something about it that turns my heart to stone, with dread.

In years gone by, my dog had chewy squeaky toys of the spitting images caricatures of the main politicians. Does anyone remember them? She did chew David Steel off David Owen’s shoulder, but otherwise favoured chewing each politician fairly equally. I used to take a certain pleasure in throwing Margaret Thatcher as far as I could, which made us both happy, except that she wasn’t cery aerodynamic.

2 Likes

I’m OK with giving a rubber effigy of a politician to a dog or cat to play with. The idea of punching a defenceless human face, even an effigy, sickens me.

One step removed from Orwell’s image of a boot stamping on a human face?

1 Like

“Mused” was the operative word, Peter. Sorry if it offends you but, in reality, if I caught someone in the act of stealing from me, harming my family or otherwise trashing my life, I’d probably punch them for real.
Some of these characters I listed are doing a million times worse than that to Britain, to the whole planet and, ultimately, to all of us; some are even responsible for the actual deaths of innocents.
I’m sure one can be understood for wanting to “muse” about what one would really like to do to these despicable people.

2 Likes

Fair comment, Kent, and I respect the strength of your feeling, but I can’t say admire it as it applies to politicians, however much I disagree with their actions. In my experience, people who conjure up images of personal violence towards others are much more likely to act violently towards others than those who don’t, and as a mental health professional who has often encountered violent individuals it tends to hold true.

But you may be an exception.

I did say that I wouldn’t bother with you, but after your last distasteful post I thought I would look you up.
This is what you wrote on December 27th 2016 .
‘On further reflection, it dawned on me that I always speak to impress, or as that is too much of a generalisation, attempting to impress is often a feature of what I say (and write).’
I, for one, am distinctly, unimpressed with such an aim, but I now realise why you seem to want to come across as ‘the’ authoritative voice.

Having served as a Police Officer in the 1980’s through to 2000 and attended courses where racial and sexual discrimination was brought to the fore in order to get rid of non PC behaviour, I take exception to your phrase at their own risk of being ‘shopped’ by a snowflake colleague’. Officers are expected to challenge such behaviour and those participating in it deserve everything they get. They know what is right, wrong and acceptable and such behaviour is unacceptable. Not only in the Police, but everywhere. How can you expect to Police a situation properly if your standards fall as low as or below those of whom you are Policing, with their consent?
I’m not naive enough to believe that it doesn’t go on, but it has to be challenged when it does. Challenging someone is difficult (been there, done it and have the T shirt) and to be encouraged. Not challenging is condoning the behaviour. Times have changed.

5 Likes

Well, Jane, I am at your tender mercy. As is your right. You will do with me as you will, that’s clear, as is your dislike of me in any guise I adopt. But my nature is like that, and it tends to defy my efforts to tone it down, although I do try. And if I give offence, I try to make reparations, and in good time.

But although I am quite aware of most of my negative traits, and own them honestly, I do not always aim to impress by being untruthful about myself, or unduly exaggerate what small ‘authority’ I claim to possess. In fact many of my friends of longstanding tell that my inclination is to beat myself up. And I have lived - after a quixotic fashion - a longish and eventful life, which it pleases me to share, but you don’t have to share it if it distresses you. Just ignore me. I won’t mind.

I value your comments and opinions, Paul. and your very commendable attitude to discriminatory behaviour by colleagues. I agree that times have changed, but there is still plenty of evidence particularly from people of colour that there is still a residual core of racism in most British institutions. Look at football, for example, where racism on the terraces, on the field of play, and in the board rooms is still causing young black players to give up and get out.

People who challenge discriminatory behaviour in the field of mental health, which is rife, especially with regard to the rights and safety of profoundly ill or handicapped people, are treated as enemies: and ‘moved out’. I was; and snowflake is by no means the meanest or most vicious name I’ve been called for challenging a manager who molested women patients and got away with it. This was happening the right side of the brave new millennium we are all claiming is an era of sweetness and light.

So please don’t take offence at my use of a word I didn’t event, and which still blows a blizzard on social media, where principles and values are trashed, and careers ruined, by the few who don’t know that times have changed, or don’t give a f***.

SFN is a friendly forum and posting to try to impress others rather than take part in debate or provide information or help to members is not its raison d’etre.

Jane,

Surely a forum is a place where folk … discuss… ask questions… answer questions… or simply chat…and whatever… :thinking:

and most of us have our own, personal way, of saying things… we are human beings, after all, rather than robots.

It is easy for Forum members to mute a Thread… and/or to ignore a person…if so desired… :upside_down_face:

1 Like