Paris Olympics 2024 tickets

Has anyone else been disappointed by the complexity and extortionate prices quoted, myself and my wife both got allocated slots to buy tickets in the first allocation, but not being able to get the sports, venues or dates we wanted and we were going to be at least €720 euro for roughly the ticket packs we wanted, we gave up when adding in the additional travel and accommodation costs :face_with_raised_eyebrow::frowning:

I feel the same way about the RWC.

Same. The Olympics doesn’t interest me but I was very keen to watch the RWC. Especially as there are games here in Bordeaux. The ticket scheme was a disaster though… Absolute shambles.

I wasted hours watching the timer to access the site, and finally when you could access it you’d get error messages when adding the very few remaining tickets to your basket. It wasn’t just isolated cases either, there were thousands and thousands of people complaining about the same thing on Twitter.

Mt too. My finger hovering over the button here and my son-in-law’s finger hovering over the button in Perth. Neither of us ever got in before the all sold message. But they still keep blasting me with their buy our crappy merchandise emails. I investigated trying to get a couple of tickets from mates in a couple of clubs but the clubs are selling their allocations to travel agents who wrap them up in holidays and charge a fortune.

Not as if it all wasn’t predictable when the sport (now read business) went professional. Another thing Rupert Murdoch has screwed up.

1 Like

Just spotted on WhatsApp…

“Ireland v England March 18th Dublin

This may be of interest to one of you. A friend of mine has two tickets in a corporate box for Ireland v England 18th Mar. He paid €600 each, but he didn’t realise when he bought them months ago that it was going to be the same day as his wedding. If you are interested, he is looking for someone to take his place.

It’s at Registry Office, Grand Canal St at 4.30pm. The bride’s name is Siobhan. She’s 5’4", about 8 stone, quite pretty, has her own income and is a really good cook”.

6 Likes

There we are the old jokes are the best ones, you forgot to mention the dowry!

1 Like

I turned down tickets to the early athletics rounds as the cheapest were 70 euros, tennis and football were better value but were several days earlier which logistically didn’t make sense.