Paris with kids

It’s also a helluva lot cheaper than the Bateaux Mouches which are full of American Chinese and Japonese tourists who push you out of the way to take photos of Notre -Dame! You can buy a one or two day ticket on the Batobus and disembark/re-embark at the various stops to save the children getting bored. Recommend the Jardin des Plantes stop to east of Notre-Dame, a sort of urban Kew Gardens in the Latin Quarter.

Please accept my sincerest apology for such a great mistake on my part. You obviously understood exactly what I meant so my error before the OP’s trip was still probably more useful than your correction after they returned. While we’re at it, did you mean the Louvre or Le Louvre?

Japonese tourists? Aren’t they Japanese from Japan? I don’t remember seeking any American Chinese tourists either.

PARIS’ BEST MUSEUMS FOR KIDS

Enjoy! (We all remain children if given the opportunity … :wink:)

Mea Culpa David, just seen your reply. Indeed, in French it is Musée du
Louvre, in English briefly the Louvre see:
https://mail.google.com/mail/?tab=wm#inbox/15f97dee27e76615. However ‘du
Louvre’ implies the male gender ‘le’ not ‘la’. Always good to have a
didactic discussion ;))

1 Like

Hi Trev, we did the carousel at the tour eiffel which they loved and they had a few treats whilst walking around but it was fair that by 4pm they’d had enough.

So here is what we did:
We started down in 16th and found the statue of liberty (photo op as friends live in New York…we were surprised how small this one was though), next we walked up the side of the Seine where there are lots of things to climb on and plenty of boats to see until we got to the Tour Eiffel. They went on the Carousel which they loved, then we crossed over to Trocadero and headed for the Arc de Triomph, they were a bit bored and hungry by then so we had some lunch in Entrecote de Paris and had a good steak frites with mustard sauce. Next we headed down the Champs Elysee (avoiding all shops) to the Place de la Concorde and then had some fun in the Jardin des Tuileries. We wandered over to La Louvre but didn’t head in…they were ready for gouter…we were aiming for the Centre Pompidou but it rained and they’d had enough so we went back to our hotel.
Sunday was the first of the month and so we headed off to Versailles as it’s free on the first Sunday of the month in Winter. The queue was enormous, 4 very long double lengths snaking up and down the grounds to get into the inside. By the time we got to the inside the girls wanted food again…we had a nice hot chocolate at Angelina’s then went out to explore the gardens. At this point it rained again…so we headed back to the car and went home. They slept all the way home!