Pass Sanitaire etc - tackling with the 4th wave of the virus

Voisin vigilant round here is going strong. Or were you being ironical?

No, not at all, i remember explaining the scheme to fellow students at uni here in France many years ago and they were horrified. One thing keeping an eye out for each other, another shopping people :wink:

1 Like

No, Tory muddled up a visa (which is between 60 and 99€ depending on category) and the cost of then changing this visa during the year into a longer stay CdS.

No the people were just ‘validating’ their VLS (6-12 months). I’ll try to remember to find the bit on the link that was posted that lists when the tax is to be paid, VLS is one of them and it didn’t say only for pre CDS.

I am very angry Mr Cyclist.
It has got to the point where people who choose not to be vaccinated can spoil the lives of those who have been socially responsible and chosen to be vaccinated.
It’s about time the tables were turned on them and they were told that they have to accept the consequences of their choice.
It is not shopping people, it is identifying them to protect others.
In the States employees are now being told that being vaccinated is a condition of their employment, no vaccination, no job and I can see that this will become the norm.
If people have been working from home to escape Covid, why should they now go back to work with those who choose not to take vaccine?

4 Likes

Funnily enough, around my way it does work…well apart from dobbing people in of course. Everyone keeps an eye out especially when someone is away for any reason.

3 Likes

There are many within the community who can’t have the vaccine for medical reasons, my partner being one of them. It is feared that any such vaccine would kill her. Would you like your name to be splashed across a notice board if you were one of the estimated 3% non-vaccinable ?

3 Likes

I think the only way out of this situation is vaccination, Jane, as you do, and it is becoming compulsory by the back door which I think will be far more effective and less offensive than publically listing those who have not yet been vaccinated. As Peter points out, some have no choice in the matter :wink:

And that works well in my area too, Dee, but thé Idea of publically listing/humiliating/shopping your neighbours goes against the grain IMO :wink:

3 Likes

Really! :scream:. I didn’t think that had to happen unless transforming/renewing…we have some non-eu friends who have been here a while - eek.

“well apart from dobbing people in of course.”

As I said earlier. I firmly disagree with naming and shaming as well. People need little motivation to go to extremes and the vaccinated/non vaccinated divide could become quite nasty quite quickly.

1 Like

Incidentally… all those who are unable to vaccinate for medical reasons, will be issued with a Pass Sanitaire… so they need not feel awkward/whatever.

Obviously, such folk will be taking all necessary precautions to NOT catch covid and I feel for them… must be worrying.
We’re still being very careful, even though we have both vaccs under our belts… (on in our arms)…

2 Likes

That’s good news Stella, where did you see that ?
I know the UK is taking such steps but haven’t seen it mentioned in France.

I said that because I was so angry, of course I would not really do it, but people who have a medical exemption are not in the same category as those who refuse to take the vaccination either because they have been told on the internet that it is dangerous, or those who won’t have it because President Macron is promoting it, as you well know Peter.

2 Likes

It already is. Those who have chosen not to be vaccinated are now interfering with those who have taken a socially responsible action’s ability to live a normal life.
This all blew up because when asked to send their Pass Sanitaire to the Mairie or to show it to a Councillor, it became apparent that there are many people in the village who have not been vaccinated and, unfortunately, our Mayor and the Council felt it necessary to cancel the event.
We have been in Confinement for so long and it now appears that our freedom of association is being threatened by those who refuse to be vaccinated.

It’s been included in the various stuff coming out of the discussions at government level… I was pleased to see it…

Meant for pregnant women and those with serious medical conditions… for whom the vax was considered unsuitable/dangerous… and not because they “chose” to refuse the vaccine.

I’ll dig out the bumpf… it’s somewhere…

Edit: Typical… when you want something, it vanishes.

all I can find now is where it was “suggested” that a special PSant was available so that pregnant/unsuitable folk were not discriminated against… since they are not actively choosing NOT to have the vaccs. Can’t see where that amendment was agreed to.

However, such folk can get the necessary Tests done FOC on medical prescription… perhaps such test results will bear something which identifies them as “willing but unable”…

Best wishes to you and your partner…

There have been discussions but nothing decided as I understand it.

I may have read it wrong but his is what it says:

Également proposée dans le cadre du rapport, la baisse de la taxe de base pour la délivrance et le renouvellement d’un titre de séjour est confirmée par la loi de finances pour 2020. Le montant de cette taxe est ainsi porté à 200 € (250 € précédemment).

Ce tarif s’applique donc à la carte de séjour temporaire ou au visa de long séjour valant titre de séjour (VLS-TS), à la carte de séjour pluriannuelle et à la carte de résident, dès lors que les titulaires de ces titres ne relèvent pas du tarif minoré ou de cas d’exemption.

Hello all sorry if under wrong toplc i was items on transfering UK covid information onto TousAntiCovid somewhere. I can’t seem to be able to find it now. Can anybody help thanks

i.e. for issuing or renewing a residence permit…

And in the link

les autorisations provisoires de séjour restent quant à elles exemptées de taxe et de droit de timbre…

But if you are just using your visa until it ends and not asking for a residence permit then nothing else is required? If you have one of the visas that also serve a residence permit then doyou need to change it if it’s only for 9 or 12 months?