Pasta machine - any recommendations?

I found this recipe (for wild garlic ravioli) Wild garlic ravioli - delicious. magazine and it set me thinking about making pasta, especially pasta with spinach which I’ve never seen in France.

Obviously I need a machine :wink: rather than to roll it out by hand.

Anyone using one or with recommendations? I fancy a Marcato Atlas 150 at the moment, but know nothing about making pasta.

1 Like

I’ve had that machine (or rather, its predecessor) and it’s served me well for over 40 years. The clamp that holds it to the table broke about 10 years ago but I improvised a new one from a spare bessey.

1 Like

I have a manual pasta machine. I don’t use it often but it definitely works. It looks very like the Marcato. The important thing is getting the consistency of the dough correct, not too crumbly and not sticky. My problem with the clamp is that I don’t have a table/worktop of the right thickness, but I can improvise…

2 Likes

Make sure you get youngish leaves when collecting your wild garlic. Taste goes a bit bitter in big old leaves. And it really doesn’t keep! Collect and cook.

But surely far too late this year now?

I have two of them! Any one want one hahaha pretty heavy to send from the UK but I will be in Lyon on 17th and 18th of November

1 Like

what a shame… you’ll miss Epoqu’Auto… that’s earlier in the month…

At EuroExpo?

Ah yes the expo before the one I am going to. Would have been nice but hard enough to squeeze in two days in Lyon let alone a week.

1 Like

Stuffed with spinach like ravioli, cappelletti etc or green pasta coloured with spinach? I get both in Grand Frais :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Yes, March to June I think. It would be the sowing/planting season from now.

The new machine (Marcato) had its first use today.

Successful!

Thanks for the advice.

1 Like

Buon appetito :man_cook:

1 Like