Honestly only one, I shouldn’t have any with my blood sugars!
I was a bit (OK a lot!) over Christmas, and beyond after stopping smoking early December so managed to put on 20 kg between 2 stopping smokings (other early last year), hormones / age, stopping tennis ect ect in the last couple of years!
I gave up smoking more than 20 years ago and at the same time stopped playing netball, which I used to play 3-4 times a week. So the weight just piled on. I always say I’m the right weight for a 6ft.6in large framed man as a joke but I’m not far off that! And my doctor said that I’m at the pre diabetic stage so should watch my sugar intake. But it’s so difficult sometimes when one has a sweet tooth.
I must admit I don’t exercise as much as I should so I suppose I should start walking again. Not as much as Dr Mark and his walking group but, as they say, every little helps. I do need a cane when I walk because I suffer quite badly from vertigo and I’m always frightened of falling over but I shouldn’t use that as an excuse. Just flipping-well do it and walk Rachel, I tell myself.
Anyway, I still intend to make some Pastel de Nata’s according to Mik’s recipe. His did look absolutely scrummy didn’t they ?
Could I suggest Rachel you ask your MT for a prescription for some kiné lessons. Recently, I could only struggle to the end of our chemin before getting breathless. After kiné exercises I am now able to walk 4 k. Per day
I’m not due to see my MT until December as I renewed my meds last week so until I see him again, I’m going to take a look at the exercises @JaneJones has mentioned and see how I go from there. Thanks for the suggestion though Mik.
I’m in North Deux Sevres - the opposite side of the country from Isère. I phoned my kiné lady (I went to her after my rotator cuff operations) and she has no free appointments until the middle of November so I’ll see how your balance exercises go.
Do try, my sister gets vertigo standing on a doormat and started going to a balance class and says it has made a big difference to her (age 74 - took her a while to get round to it!)