Patrimoine Weekend 17/18 September 2022

There’s an astounding amount of visits and sites all across France … just click on the map in the Programme and zoom in and in… wow!

and this gives the general chit chat…

1 Like

No excuses for not finding something worth visiting this weekend… :wink:

I’ve previously looked at what’s listed aound us (Aveyron, Cantal, Lot border) in a c.50km radius, and there seems to be surprisingly little. I know the Aveyron and Cantal have more sheep and cows than people, but there’s also masses of history, so I suspect there’s actually much more going on than is on the web site.

Thanks Stella,

The Aveyron is one of the largest departements and there’s very little listed near us that isn’t usually open anyway. However, there’s a C9th church at Salles-la-Source, about forty minutes drive away that I know well from the outside, but is only ever open during this week, and during the past ten years, we’ve always forgotten to seize the opportunity, so thanks again - this time we go there!

2 Likes

There are possibly other things which will be open but haven’t been noted on “the list”… I know that’s happening in my area 'cos I’ve been asked to prepare our little church and make sure it’s open for visitors this weekend… but it’s not being advertised as such… :wink: