PC gone mad

Quite so Paul… but this is just one example of many, many other things which (all things being equal) will need to be changed in order that stuff becomes/remains PC …

I thought there might be better things for companies to spend the money on… but perhaps there isn’t… :thinking:

1 Like

Perhaps they get a tax break.

I think you’re spot on.
If the phrase had been popular at the time I’m sure ‘pc gone mad’ would have been used to describe votes for women!

The trouble is I am all for equality and ending the 'isims. But when things go too far then it risks losing credibility and becoming a parody

Just been reading that Kleenex will not be changing the wording of its Man size tissue in America, that is very worrying could it be that the UK is taking over as the world leaders in PC control.

1 Like

I am finding it hard to believe that America is being so sensible… :wink::wink::wink::wink: for a change… :roll_eyes::open_mouth::zipper_mouth_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

I see Amber Heard is banging on about this. She’s all for it apparently.

Maybe she should put her tits and arse away (excuse the language) before she starts lecturing about sexism and equality.

I’m feeling feisty today. :stuck_out_tongue:

5 Likes

Maybe :slight_smile:

Personally, when I first saw the title of the tread I thought someone was having computer problems.

5 Likes

:laughing::laughing:Yep, me too!

1 Like

Oh dear Paul, most under 40s would scratch their heads to remember that PC once referred to “Personal Computer”. With great respect “:wink:” you’ve wandered so far over the hill you’re almost out of sight without your ankle tag! :joy:

1 Like

I thought for a minute it was about pc world.

Oh my… there are obviously more of us ankle-tagged folk than @Peter_Goble realizes…

OH loves PC World if we ever see old copies at the bourses etc he is over the moon …

2 Likes

I think on the whole political correctness has provided us with many more positives than the odd daft negative like ‘man size’ don’t you think?

3 Likes

Are not on SF…

3 Likes

:joy::joy::joy:You’ve got me with my trousers round my ankles there, Paul! :jeans::scream::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

I nearly spat out my wine… :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::laughing:

2 Likes

It’s the knobbly knees, Stella, always has that effect :grimacing::ghost:

1 Like

Think you might be in the minority on this one James, you could be too young for this forums way off thinking.:grinning:

1 Like

I like to think we are more “way out” than “way off”… :relaxed::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

If you look back at what was deemed “political correctness” (going mad) from 10-15 years ago it is pretty clear is is just “correctness”.

Every so often things get a little silly but generally it seems to be correct - which leads me to conclude it must be our own attitudes that change pretty quickly.

2 Likes