Pension help needed please

Exactly ....we are all different.

Just sitting around close to a bottle of red or stronger

is not my idea of bliss.

As it happens I do not drink alcohol very often....

Never did.

Came to France to do what I am doing....

And the task is well on it's way.

Even though the gods in gov have granted me a few pennies.

True - but whatever my personal wishes the powers that be will still drag me (no doubt kicking and screaming and clutching the door frame) from my classroom when I'm 67!!!!

Thank you everyone! It is just as I thought; not good here worse there!Hey ho!!! As for do I work, yes I do, I teach English and I am a reflexologist, Reiki teaching master and masseuse as well as as a psychologist! So anything I can do that comes my way I do!! At present I am starting up an online business selling patchwork quilts (hand made) and aprons with a twist!!!Lets hope it works. I am also( forgot this bit) a proof reader! So yep Barbara as you so rightly say lots going onunder the surface!!!

Thank you everyone.

"Having met her I would say I don't think she would work any longer."

Why is that....exactly?

Is there always a clear choice?

Hope that no one minds me asking this as there are all sorts

of professions which are unrelated to many aspects of age or

where we live.

Our capabilities are often hidden in our secret past

and so many people have hidden talents.

Having met her I would say I don't think she would work any longer.

Pensions are contributory. If paid in the UK then it is paid out in full or proportionate to the under 30 years for the full amount. I have several friends from other countries, both men and women including some who never married, but receive UK pensions, to the best of my knowledge full pension in most cases. Basic state pension is £110.15 per week but depending on contributions over X number of years may be less.There is also, as Irene points out, pension credit up to about £145 for a single person claiming or £220-ish for couples claiming together.

Annie, having never paid in the UK he is not entitled to a bean. It does not matter whether you are married or not. You would probably be given the £110 (about €130 a week) but it would be impossible to live on that to be completely frank with you. Between the two of you it would therefore be roughly about €950 or under £800 a month which is a poverty income.

I am French, married to a British citizen and a BC myself. I worked in England for about 20 years but made a muddle of the stamps payments so I get very little in my own rights; but I get 60% of what my husband gets. I do not know if it is true for husbands. I am pretty sure you would have to be both of retirement age and I guess married.

The easiest is probably to contact the department of work and pensions.

Good luck