Pensions ...the variations

I enjoy making people smile Carol although I’m not sure what you found amusing in my last post.:blush:

OMG not at 75 years old that is my age that wasnt thé intention at all.from what i remember flirting is against thé rules of SF i am sûre it was bonne

Ah thé british phlegme

1 Like

Intelligent messages, are you flirting with me?

Who is flirting Carol?
I go out for a few hours and you break all the rules.

Ha ha you Will never know Barbara thé secret i.e. for me alone

Flirting is against the rules ? Oh dear, I will have to have a read up on those…a little flirt is sometimes good for the morale (provided it is not taken too far of course) :wink:

1 Like

Look thé idéa i.e. logical but if bad surprises come when wé cant provide financially that i.e. bad news

Yes, Carol. Life does sometimes deal us a difficult hand. :zipper_mouth_face:

I’ve been worrying about the CH boiler… finally got Jean-Jacques in to have a look… thank goodness it only needed a new “gicleur” …

I will be known as the flirteuse of Survive france and thé Boss Will kick me out.AU SECOÛRS

Ouf thats good news.xxxxx

Yes, great relief … I seriously thought the boiler was kaput… :frowning_face:

Thé wàshing up liquid goes down the drain barbara ĹÔL

Another item which needs to go onto the long list of things which needs to
come out of the 1200 or so per month is the car repairs/maintenance CT…
Our car, a much hated Grand Cherekee was born 23 years ago and we arrive
in France with it 11 years ago. Our “garage man” was asked if he could check
it over to make sure that we could make it s way here to France.
It has, in the years we have been here been hospitalised by a few suspicious
garage owners and I have paid out some large sums of money.
Over the last 2 years we have found a local garage which is owned by a
very hard working and genuine mechanic called Zecchini.
A couple of weeks ago Jeep failed the CT on one point…and with a part
and an odd added problem a bill for 157 euros was paid.
So the car is saved for another 2 years CT.
It will be a sad day when we have to say goodbye to our Chelsea Tractor as it
has served us so well.
It carries many cases of mineral water and big shopping loads in summer
and drags the bin at its rear to the road each fortnight. …slowly pacing itself
along the narrow chemin. It collects friends from the aiport and allows us to transport
several cats in the carry boxes to the vets. It also has been exploring France on our holidays.
Of course it is no longer a youngster but we are happy to have it.

1 Like

I agree Barbara, cars are expensive to look after. My husband insists on keeping his car until it at 350,000 kilometers and he has to think another year before changing his car.He doesn’t drive now as he has DMLA (AMD) but anyway he can barely see, cant read cant do much really, oh yes he peels the potatoes that is a good help anyway.
Getting of the main subject there from cars to potatoes you cant do better.
Have to count every centime to get through. We are lucky because my husband has always worked in France so no faffing about like you expats have to do.
I really hope things work out for your benefit when the Brexit is finally signed in 2019; But it is not done yet things can change.:heart_eyes:

Flirting against the rules! Where did you get that idea? I think it should be positively encouraged! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Dating page James…boy meets girl?

1 Like

Réally ou my hello James and Catherine happy new year To both of you

*i dont need To flirt at m’y age and i have a fella at home,mind you flirting doesnt belong there it i.e. plutôt arguing

1 Like

Mind you if there i.e. too much flirting it Will .be known as a site de rencontres bye

1 Like

Oh James i am supposed To .be a good english/french lady at least i hope so

1 Like

So often we hear about folk “with money” who end up having all sorts of problems. Being a pensioner may be safest/best… :heart_eyes:

I used to enjoy watching Boris play tennis… he made lots of money… but, sadly, it does not seem to have brought lasting happiness.