Personal belongings

Hi everyone, just wondering what the new rules are for driving a car full of personal belongings from the UK to France. Anyone know? I want to get a carpet runner, stair rods (wild - me) and some personal paintings; if they are for me, do I need a customs declaration etc? All advice gratefully received.

In October 2020, your were asked to give your full name… you might have missed that posting…


1 Like

I’m really stupid at this – never joined a Facebook anything or group ever. How do I do this?

Put your full name (First Name and Last Name) into the appropriate box on the registration page… or simply put them here… on this thread and it can be arranged for you.

Click on your profile image in the top right and then go to Preferences > Account > Name

I can’t see how to do that…profile doens’t seem to help.

Please let me know - tks

Jessica Pryce-Jones

1 Like

Welcome Jessica
I’m sure we’ll get there in the end… :smile: :smile:

1 Like

You now seem to have done it - well done!


Now to your question. There is a thread already running on this here for you to consult:

There are various helpful comments on a parallel thread: Collecting possessions from UK (sorry, don’t know how to simply bring the linking title over!)

Snap… I was just looking at that… and wondering how to link it … other than copying the internet address…

@Graham_Lees will tell us…

at the end of the the topic there is a link image which you can click on to copy the link address
after right click and copy, you can then paste it like this:

1 Like

today is getting better and better… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It comes with the territory :upside_down_face:

Jeepers! Thank goodness I moved to Spain first! The only stuff I left in UK are my fishing tackle and fly tying kit.

Hi Jessica,

Hi Jessica, Graham has just copied and pasted my reply to the same question. I am in the middle of negotiating for a phytosanitary certificate so will post again when all the (long) procedures are completed if anyone is interested.

1 Like

gosh… that takes me back… company I worked for needed phyto certificates for all the plants being sold/transported out of the UK back in the 70’s :wink: :upside_down_face:

Can’t you just use a zip, like everyone else? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:


Not if there’s a bloody great trout stuck in it! :smiley:

1 Like