Personal belongings

Click on your profile image in the top right and then go to Preferences > Account > Name

I can’t see how to do that…profile doens’t seem to help.

Please let me know - tks

Jessica Pryce-Jones

1 Like

Welcome Jessica
I’m sure we’ll get there in the end… :smile: :smile:

1 Like

You now seem to have done it - well done!

Hurrah…

@happy925
Now to your question. There is a thread already running on this here for you to consult:

There are various helpful comments on a parallel thread: Collecting possessions from UK (sorry, don’t know how to simply bring the linking title over!)

Snap… I was just looking at that… and wondering how to link it … other than copying the internet address…

@graham will tell us…

at the end of the the topic there is a link image which you can click on to copy the link address
after right click and copy, you can then paste it like this:

1 Like

today is getting better and better… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

It comes with the territory :upside_down_face:

Jeepers! Thank goodness I moved to Spain first! The only stuff I left in UK are my fishing tackle and fly tying kit.

Hi Jessica,

Hi Jessica, Graham has just copied and pasted my reply to the same question. I am in the middle of negotiating for a phytosanitary certificate so will post again when all the (long) procedures are completed if anyone is interested.

1 Like

gosh… that takes me back… company I worked for needed phyto certificates for all the plants being sold/transported out of the UK back in the 70’s :wink: :upside_down_face:

Can’t you just use a zip, like everyone else? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Not if there’s a bloody great trout stuck in it! :smiley:

1 Like

Same here… first house I bought down there was bought in millions of francs…haha!

It would depend whether you are making a permanent move to France or furnishing your holiday home. Different regulation will apply. Good luck either way.

Depends on how valuable your stuff is. See https://www.douane.gouv.fr/sites/default/files/2021-01/19/Brexit-guide-voyageurs-travellers.pdf and Trouble-free travel with French Customs

Of course trailers/caravans aren’t registered in the UK (unless you get to the size of commercial trailers).

CoC can cost money, never had to pay for any for my BMW’s but I know people who have had to pay for CoCs for other makes.

Does anybody know whether CoCs issued by UK manufacturers are still valid in the EU27?