Pesticides in neighbouring fields

Wiki is an interesting place to start… but the legal aspect is not mentioned as far as I can see… surely someone will chime in with more info… :thinking:

and this site lists things to use against mosquitoes (list updated in 2017)… and Perméthrine is there, on the approved list…
http://leparticulier.lefigaro.fr/jcms/p1_1610773/fr/la-liste-2016-des-produits-anti-moustiques-efficaces

Seems Bio is doing rather well in French wine http://www.natura-sciences.com/agriculture/vin-bio-chiffres956.html

Still less than 10% of surface area tho’…which I think is still behind Germany. Comparisons are hard as percentage of surface area doesn’t relate directly to percentage of production.

Although this is changing I do find that France is still behind several other European countries in take up of organic/sustainable/ecological production and consumption. Although very pleasantly surprised to see shops full of organic produce on last trip to Paris, and vegetarian food in restaurants.

Read this article on natural wine the other day…have yet to try any though!

The french wine industry is now working on a better quality

1 Like

I’ve got a lot of ants in my garden and a lot of lizards as well, the ant population seems to be stable, but the lizard population goes up and down. I think when there are not enough ants for food the lizards start dying off.

Hi Stella, what area do you live in?

Hi John… I’m in Nouvelle Aquitaine…

We’ve lots of lizards, so I guess we have lots of ants as well… but I draw the line at them coming indoors (ants or lizards)… washing-up liquid along the thresholds, just enough to give them the hump, not enough to make it slippy for us…

I think it causes them to lose water, ‘degreases’ them Stella, our ‘visible’ lizard population goes up and down with the temperature, but we have 'eaps, love to see them, we had a dog that chased them, when they shed their tail and it was wiggling about, left behind, she didn’t know which bit to concentrate on. :confused:

The only time little grandson stood still… was when he discovered our lizards… he was mesmerised… watched them going into the wall… and waited patiently for them to reappear…:hugs: He’s nearly 10 now and not so easily calmed… :sunglasses::wink:

I was fascinated by ants, watched them in our back yard for hours :slightly_smiling_face:

there is a great deal of argument and discussion going on…

1 Like

I can just imagine the conversation between the ants, “What the hell is this, It’s A Knockout, bloody foreigners”

Things are getting better

1 Like

More and more viticulturists are getting their act together… much better for the environment and much better for the wine (and us)…:relaxed:

Good news for Apple lovers,

2 Likes