Petition to revoke Article 50

Let’s hope they keep on pushing.

Mandy, I am very sorry for the loss of your husband and offer my sincere condolences. I am also sorry if my comment came across as UNFEELING. I am never unfeeling towards anyone suffering a bereavement. During my working life I had a lot of experience of families, especially widows suffering a bereavement and have in the last 18 months lost 3 close family members so do have an understanding of the sadness and difficulties this brings.

Thank you Poppy.

2 Likes

How can you tell the difference? :slight_smile:

Quite , you signed it twice. And there you have it, the whole thing is a silly prank and meaningless even though the EU dorks in Brussels are using these figures as a genuine poll. You could not make it up!
R.Hird.

1 Like

IThink you miss the point. Mandy signed for herself, and for her husband who had a valid email address to which Mandy had access. Since she was sure he was a committed remainer, her signing in his name is the same as if he were able to sign it. How many others have signed on behalf of disabled or ill partners/relatives ? same thing. Mandy wasn’t signing twice in her name, but once each in her name and her husband’s name.

We all know the petition won’t make much difference in Parliament, but it is an indication of the depth of feeling. The corresponding petition by leavers was a damp squib. Likewise, the current demo by leavers outside Parliament pales into insignificance in comparison to Saturdays demo by remainers. Look, the referendum was THREE YEARS ago, things have changed, the world has moved on. Grow up.

8 Likes

Thank you John.

Didn’t realise I would get such grief for genuinely trying to sign on behalf of my late husband who was so against Brexit. It seemed a perfectly natural thing to do.

Happily, I couldn’t give a rat’s arse what people think :unamused:

14 Likes

Yeah well, the likes you get v the unpleasant vindictive comments of the (2?) remainers on SF say it all.
Hope you are doing ok and be sure your darling husband would have been proud of you for signing on his behalf. Xx

6 Likes

Is that rhyming slang?

2 Likes

Thanks Catharine.

The support and advice from the lovely members of SFN has helped me so much at the worst time of my life. I’m very grateful to everyone.

:kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

5 Likes

Je pense pas

You know it doesn’t make you look any cleverer using French

3 Likes

Does it not oh well never mind dear

What is it about men on SFN at the moment?
There is a misogynistic attitude at play.
Using demeaning platitudes towards women contributors shows your mindset more than any rational argument could possibly do.
There is no place for any of you or your attitudes.

7 Likes

supercilious demeaning pratt :roll_eyes:

6 Likes

Graham, now you’re being unkind to prats.:wink:

2 Likes

You took the words out of my mouth Graham, well you and several others on here who have quite rightly expressed their indignation about this petty little minded individual’s comments …

3 Likes

I think it was quite telling;
Over a million people marching through London last weekend to revoke Art50 and not a single unpleasant incident (other than TM refusing to acknowledge it).
But yesterday, a much smaller number including Faridge and his alter-ego Tommy Robinson leading to a number of arrests. Shameful. :frowning_face:
What has the country of my birth descended into?

1 Like

Sadly Graham, if Brexit doesn’t happen this will escalate into something serious.

I think it would be less serious if it was stopped via a referendum and as such the “Will of the People” were demonstrated to have changed.

2 Likes