Playing fair

I was very interested to see that the ‘handbrake’ topic has been closed but only after the wording of the OP had been changed. With the current OP showing the comments I made asking for more details seem irrelevant.
What a bizarre situation!

I wanted to comment on “depressing the button…”

“Send it back to post-Brexit, Tory Britain” would have been my answer…

I think that’s covered everything

How has the OP been altered?

@Stella opened the thread and she has the tools to close it.
Us mere mortals just have to sit and wonder at her amazing skills…
but, she did play fair, she gave an explanation…

Hey Dan…Stella might close this thread for you, if you ask nicely! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: lol

Mmm… @anon14704272 I have no idea why you think the wording of my Original Post has been changed… :thinking:

since I have not changed one single letter therein…the wording remains as it was.

I closed the thread as I felt nothing useful was to be gained by continuing it.

Some depress the button when engaging the handbrake… some do not… and there you have it.

As I reported, before closing the Thread, the User Manual tells me what to do with this particular car.

Playing fair… how nice that would be… perhaps someone could make that a New Year Resolution… :joy:

If playing fair means pushing more buttons
and more ratcheting up, I will certainly vow to improve my wretched performance in that regard in the year ahead. :hugs::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

but you’re already top notch @Peter_Goble :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

You definitely click with me, @graham :smiley:

1 Like

In the original thread you stated that you were having handbrake issues or words to that effect, the button was not mentioned. I am 100% sure of that as Inquoted your wording in one of my replies.

Dan… Let’s be very clear… (as I have already said) I did not change one word of my Original Post.

You were the first poster to reply to my OP and you replied, quite concisely, to the question I posed… about the use of the button.

Various folk came on board with their own ideas about “the button” and other stuff…

Why not look back at that Thread… you can see for yourself how things panned-out.

I have now amended this post to add the few words inside brackets in my first sentence… and you should be able to see a “pencil” on the rhside… showing that the post has been amended… I hope this helps to enlighten you about how things work… :thinking: :face_with_raised_eyebrow: :zipper_mouth_face:

I can remember the button being mentioned in the Op

I’ve not kept up with the thread as it seemed to drift, but if I remember, seems to me the whole point of the OP was the button! To press, or not to press. That was the question.

Is an apology going to be offered to me… I wonder ??? :thinking: :woozy_face:

Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer
The slings and arrows of outrageous fortune;
Or take arms against a sea of troubles
And by opposing end them!

Ay, there’s the rub…:thinking::roll_eyes::stuck_out_tongue:

I would hope so, depends whether or not he has the balls. BTW, mines electric :blush:

Electric balls? Great balls of fire!!