Plymouth Roscoff crossing......Muzzles?

Hi Everyone…I though we had ticked every possible box to get our dogs safely to France…I have booked our crossing today…and now I just saw a clause that dogs must be muzzled???..We have 7…do they all have to be muzzled at the same time?..or can we have a couple of muzzles and put them on as and when needed?? Our dogs will be mortified!..We just don’t treat them in this way…but if that’s what’s required then i guess we and them just have to get on with it…Your experience would be gratefully recieved!! Sandy

Just seen the other replies. Guess that gives you the answers you need. Hope all goes well When are you travelling. Gosh it must be so exciting and a mountain of paperwork to get all that organised. Will be thinking of you and the missus and all your lovely dogs. Courage mon brave. G .

Hi Sandy.

Here is a link I found on the internet. Will see if I can find any other information. G .

http://www.thekennelclub.org.uk/item/1032

Hi Sandy
When we made the crossing from Poole a couple of weeks ago. I suddenly discovered this same thing - so rang Brittany Ferries…to be told that dogs only need to be muzzled if they are out of the vehicle for any reason - eg you might be walking them around the carpark for a pee break.Muzzles need only be soft, but I was told it is for the safety of staff who have apparently been bitten in the past.
I did tranquilise them though - sort-of, since Wellington’s didn’t really work and I think he spent the entire journey sitting in the driving seat of our camper. But Madam Flora was out cold for the whole crossing.
Judy