PM Father applying for French passport

Stanley Johnson reveals he is applying for French citizenship as Brexit is finalised. The Prime Minister’s father, who voted Remain in Britain’s 2016 referendum, told RTL radio on Thursday he wanted to become a French citizen because of strong family links to France. "If I understand it correctly, I am French. My mother was born in France, her mother was totally French as was her grandfather, said 80-year-old Mr Johnson, who was speaking in French.
“I will always be a European, that’s for sure. One cannot tell the British people: you are not Europeans. Having a tie with the European Union is important,” said the former member of the European Parliament.

Also covered in this thread earlier…

Maybe we need to mount a campaign to disbar any member of that family becoming european nationals?

1 Like

Why ? He voted remain. Not his fault his son’s an idiot. He has a legal right to apply. Just like all those applying for Irish passports on the strength of sn Irish parent or grandparent.

2 Likes

Never indicated anything different :thinking: and scratches head

With any luck his mother won’t have been registered in Nantes and il peut se brosser. Ghastly old creep.

1 Like

Sadly unlikely…born in Versailles to the de Pfeffel family who were rather aristocratic ex- Bavarian family.

So, Germans à la base, et nous sommes en république. Ex aristocrats and ex-Bavarians are 10 a penny .
Let him try for German nationality, they give it to Russian speaking descendants of Saxons who went to work the Don marshes in the 16thC so he has a chance.
We have plenty of home-grown entitled politico windbags, no need to import them.

I’ve never heard that excellent expression, thanks Véro !

He can brush off would do well enough in English

1 Like

Bless him, maybe Nigel Garage will be living in Europe soon, too

Sadly I think the teutonic character will have ensured that his mother’s birth was properly registered. So égalité and all that…