PM Theresa May says there will be no attempt to remain inside EU

Here's one way of keeping Great Britain in Europe

http://bbcradio4.radio.net/

Someone mentioned receiving BBC Radio in France.

I can't find the post, so I'll just post this here.

http://www.radio.net/

Nice one!

France would vote for that, it would solve the Calais problem once and for all.

Not sure Italy and Belgium would be too keen though. Having a border with the UK is a bit toxic.

I forgot Northern Ireland, unfortunately

Yes - it's not quite the right shape to fill in the blank space in the middle, is is.

Turning the clock back somewhat. Nompolitical problems then though.

Northern Ireland is already a blank space.

It looks to me increasingly as though the government will be so desperate to appease the ā€˜keep all the Johnny foriegnersā€™ out brigade, that they are prepared to sacrifice access to the single market. What does everyone else think?

2 Likes

Just been listening to State of the Union debate from EC Parliament on BBC Parliament channel (201 Freesat) - Junckers being given a roasting by most MEPs, including Farage, M lePen, a German Conservative one and many others- whatever your Politics or thoughts on Brexit - some very valid and sensible point were made, whether any changes will be made to the EC or not ultimately remains to be seen of course

3 Likes

I think theyā€™re all blooming ridiculous. Seeing posts now from Leave voters say ā€œFinancial services is the key economy of the UK. Of course it needs to be treated individuallyā€. Well sorry, mate, but you should have thought of that before. This crazy assumption that the EU will treat sectors differently simply because the UK says so does my flipping head in. Same with accessing the single market - half want in, half out, proportion of those think UK should be granted everything it wants, other lot saying UK doesnā€™t need it - just opt for WTO rules (really?) - do ANY of them know what they want / stop to think this through beforehand?

1 Like

really? you read that and are confused on my position?

Or is it that you are confused?

EEC grew into the modern EU, it wasnā€™t a one or the other option.

Iā€™m afraid, (Baaah !), that Iā€™ve lost he plot in this discussionā€¦no matterā€¦

I am 100% in favour of the UKā€™s leaving the EU because I believe in the EU
and Westminster does nothing but whine and try to put a spanner in the works.
The UK can help the USA in their illegal wars without having to belong to the EU.

Catharine,
Why do you have to start a debate with a disrespectful term to describe some of the people who voted to leave the EU? I canā€™t see that that does anything other than get the backs up of the people to whom you refer and degrade the tone of any possible exchange of views.

Eerm - because that is what I think?!

2 Likes

and what most of us think who live and work in the EU which shouldnā€™t come as a surprise, should itā€¦?! :wink:

2 Likes

I think you have a very short memory ! In 1993/94 the Ā£/Fr was Ā£1=6.98 Fr /=1.08Euro !!!.

Actually I think you have an exceptionally long memory David, if you can remember Ā£/ā‚¬ exchange rates going back nearly a quarter of a century !