Points on driving licence

Does anyone know the law - or where to find the relevant info, on who is allowed to ask how many points are on your driving licence. I do some contract work for a tour operator and they say they need a copy of my 'releve de points' However, having looked at how to do this on the gouvernement site it is, like most French admin, a pain in the wotsit to do. I don't mind them knowing I've lost 3 points, I just have better things to do with my time - like play on SFN!
Cheers

I've found the site, it would just be so much simpler to send a request on line for the code but no, you have to write and ask. In that case you may as well write and ask them to send the releve direct, just so French.

The reason I'm asking is that I am self employed and supply my own professional vehicle and insurance. I also have to have a carte professionelle to supplement my licence, which you obtain by sending your licence back to the prefecture. So, I don't think it is any of their business! I'd like to know if legally, it is their business.

It really isn't that difficult to get the relevé, a written request to the prefecture should get you your code/ID and then you can log on when you want.

If you need a licence to be able to do your job for them, then I don't think it is unreasonable for them to ask how many points you have left.