Pool Filter replacement

We have an overground 4.5m pool . The Filter is discharging water/leaking quite badly - its worse when pump isn’t on. We think we might need to get a new one but the current filter seems to have no label to replace like with like. It is a 6 position valve
total height 580mm x 430 mm. We can’t be sure what to replace it with. Any suggestions or help please as we don’t want to spend loads of time trying get a new one to work

Thanks in advance

Joyce

Might be worth looking at (dont forget the filter media)

From where? Is it from the waste pipe?
You may just be able to replace the spider gasket in the valve for a few euros. Or put a valve in to block the waste line when not in use.

2 Likes

ok thanks

If you are not sure, here is a picture of the gasket with the top of the multiport valve removed. The gasket is glued in place.

As a total aside, I put a little Net-Skim filter in the basket of the skimmer and throw it away every week. They cost around 1€ each and it means very little gook gets to my sand filter, so less back washing.

2 Likes

Good idea thanks

Really no need to keep throwing them away. Oh keeps 2 on the go. One in the skimmer. The other on the line drying to be shaken out thoroughly and put back in the skimmer the following day. They last for ages.

Also, as the pool gets used, worth putting one of those “daisies” in the skimmer that catch suntan lotion in the water. Reduces the tidemark round the pool walls. The used daisies do have to be thrown away.

2 Likes

If you search for “éponge scum” on Amazon.fr, you’ll find lots of oil absorbant sponges for far less money than the one-use daisies.

I have a bag of the ones that look like big ticks and squeeze/rinse them out when I clean the Net & Skims. Once they get the same colour as a Rich Tea biscuit, they stop absorbing oil and you have to bin them.

How long they last is entirely down to how much sun screen people using the pool have slapped on.

2 Likes

I am hoping to use a system that breaksdown sun creams and natural body oils. Depending if we keep France or move on.

to where?

Ahh thats a good one, it could be a forever home back on the south coast of the UK or…I hope we dont for at least 5 years but if we need to then it will have to go.

1 Like

Unfortunately because of the bar in my skimmer basket they tend to tear so I usually only get a week out of them. Most recently I paid around €36 for three boxes of 12 on Amazon so I think they’re pretty cost effective. Plus, I hate to see the waste of water when I backwash.

1 Like

You’re not alone, its why I have been working on an air scour system, these are used on large commercial filters so I am trying it on a domestic unit, thats using air + some water to clean the filter.

2 Likes