Possible extra difficulty for UK residents to come here after 31/12, except essential travel

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘northern cities’ as London based politicians and commentators tend to lump together all ‘northern cities’ (north of Birmingham or the Potteries?) However, having lived in all of the following, I can assure you that Teesside, Wearside and Tyneside are very different to Manchester or Leeds.

JJ ‘The number of package holidays sold to ski resorts from northern cities would tend to suggest that it is not accurate…’

My post specifially referred to Teeside and as far I’m aware, even in normal times, there aren’t flights from Teesside/ Durham airport to any European ski resorts.

Undoubtedly some folk in North Yorkshire’s Barbourland (like Northallerton?) ski, but you’ll find their ilk anywhere…

I spend many years working on projects in teeside, tyne and wear, and county durham, as well as merseyside and manchester. I admit I never worked or lived un northumberland.

You are probably right that local population may well have a preference for winter sun rather than winter snow, but despite that I think it probably wrong to say no-one from Teeside ever goes skiing.

It comes of no surprise to learn that so many people forget their deep roots and their humble
beginings,
Many voted to curb the entry of eastern european people because the couuntry is too crowded,
However they happily welcome their money in payment for accomodation.
Why did they vote to leave did they really know

2 Likes

Teesside!