Post to UK

Hi everybody - Does anyone know what how long post is taking to get to UK - just standard Prioritaire International, jiffy envelope (counts as a letter) ? I’ve tried looking on the internet and can’t seem to find anything.

Always took two or three working days, either way. But I imagine that will become less dependable as the pandemic progresses.

Thanks Mike but I’m trying to find out if anyone knows how long in the current situation :slight_smile:

There isn’t an answer as the reliability of post systems in each country depend on how the local area is working. If you happen to live somewhere where 50% of the post office staff aren’t working, and the same the other end, it could add days to normal service. But if you don’t the the package could sail through normally.

Look for information about how the post service is affected in your local area to start with. We have no post offices open, and limited delivery and collection service now.

Thanks Jane, I was just trying to get an idea, I wanted to check that post is still working between france and UK.

Hi Karen and welcome to the forum.

Post from UK to France is definitely working as OH has received the notification of his pension payment only yesterday, certainly within the expected few days (never exact). No idea about post going from France to UK though…

Thanks Stella, hopefully it a sign it’s working the other way too. I have a website and rely on the post for sending order.

Doesn’t answer the Op’s question but…

1 Like

Right now it seems OK and we have ordered some books from UK in the hope that they will arrive soon.
I think you should work on the assumption that the service will get worse rather quickly and last for many weeks. Don’t mail anything living or perishable!

I would add… don’t mail anything which will matter if it gets lost… :zipper_mouth_face:

And “The cheque is in the post.” is not necessarily good news - if it ever was!