Pound Sterling thinking of self-identifying as Euro

life’s too short and I don’t have borrowings or UK savings anyway. All I do know is the current value of my monthly pension income GBP to EUR is diminished as a result of their malfeasance and that my kith and kin remaining in the UK will be hard hit.

Only £6.5B :joy:

It’s just a question of scale, £6.5B looks “small” only because £65B was mentioned, it’s not loose change, even for the BoE. The truth is that if Truss and Kwarteng hadn’t screwed up then the £6.5B (:roll_eyes:) wouldn’t have been required. So I think their incompetence is proven, it’s just the scale of it that you’re debating :slightly_smiling_face:

Plus, this is only month one, if they keep screwing up at this rate even £65B damage will seem chickenfeed.

Just a single trip to Action can rack up a bill higher than that!

Acton? Has it changed that much?

2 Likes

You must be joking… you can literally clear out an entire Action store and once they’ve finished scanning all the barcodes it’ll only cost you less than €200 :smiley:

2 Likes
1 Like

Also in kent, the chap buying my late mothers spent 2.5 hours with his broker trying to find a way amidst all the rates moving and even a 37 year term mortgage! We reduced the price to help him further after such an effort.

It looks like the BoE is having to step in again to try and sure things up.

1 Like

Yes the terrible twosome were called Bond villians by the Spectator.

Yes they have.

Not looking good, is it? In fact, it looks dreadful :frowning:

1 Like

The Guardian: Thérèse Coffey to drop smoking action plan, insiders say.

Worse than terrible, lining the pockets of her paymasters without a thought or care for the wider public.
F, whore!

1 Like

Wow…! :person_facepalming:

Liz Truss, the prime minister – a close friend of Coffey’s – is also a longstanding sceptic about tobacco control who has often opposed legislation to clamp down on smoking. She has also appointed former tobacco lobbyists as part of her team of Downing Street advisers.

Won’t be long surely before they question the science behind climate change too.

3 Likes

I thought that they had.

Certainly Truss’ official stance of de-prioritising solar and wind in favour of fracking would suggest that they don’t care about global warming.

3 Likes

Listen from 12:40. Sounds to me the poo is hitting the air moving device.

Criminal. Though what else would one expect from piss artist Coffey.

Not that I don’t enjoy a restorative beverage or two myself😉 but I’m not pretending to be Health Secretary.

This should surprise nobody. As George Monbiot has pointed out again recently, Truss and Kwarteng are creatures of the right-wing ‘think-tanks’ - a misnomer as they don’t think, but are in fact lobby groups secretly funded by 3 main sources: the tobacco industry, the fossil fuel industry, and US billionaires.

2 Likes

The British Pound fell sharply late in U.S. trade after Bank of England Governor Andrew Bailey said the Bank would end its emergency support to pension companies on Friday, as planned.

Speaking in Washington DC Bailey said:

“The rebalancing must be done and my message to the funds involved and all the firms involved managing those funds: you’ve got three days left now. You’ve got to get this done.”

“If you are looking to secure your international payment budget you could consider securing today’s rate for use in the future, or set an order for your ideal rate when it is achieved”

Yes was going to do a transfer and then it dropped a bit. Temporary bad news but great as it should see the end of this cabinet.

3 Likes