Pound Sterling thinking of self-identifying as Euro

For once I managed to get it right - did a larger-than-normal transfer a week or so ago when the £ was over 1.15€ - looks like it’ll be a long time before it gets up there again - unless as you say there is a political reshuffle.

Don’t sweat the small stuff @Geof_Cox - it’s a cycle - you can never time the market perfectly through the peaks and troughs - I normally try to exchange when I consider the exchange rate to be ‘good’ and make sure I have at least 6 months worth of currency on hand. Then if there are spikes in between I try to take advantage. A bit like the recent low point against the $.

2 Likes
1 Like

it is reported that the cabinet are currently meeting in urgent session to discuss the “crisis” and that ministers are being told to stay away from media reporting as an indication that she will do another U turn and KamiKwazi will be toast…

Indeed this is what is behind the market up-turn according to many commentators.

Surely, however, Truss herself can’t survive for long. She’s so far out of her depth she might as well be in the Mariana Trench and, having no opinions or ability herself is just going to be pulled this way and that by the ERG, Cabinet, IEA, “Big Oil” and anyone else to whom she has sold her soul.

2 Likes

I see the £ is up to 1.16 euros according to xe.com.

It would be, I decided to top up the French account the other day in case they really fcuked the situation and it tumbled sharply.

1 Like

Can you let me know when you are about to do this, so I can delay for a day!

1 Like

With it at 1.16 I took advantage and popped E1000 onto the account.

If Kama-kwarzi and Hernia Truss dont do the decent thing, the markets are going to free-fall and I have no idea when they might recover…

On C4 news yesterday they had an interview with an (the) american FT editor who described the UK economy as ‘kwasi-italian’ .

She also said the mogster was talking bollocks when he said it wasn’t the budget - at the end of the programme Krishnan confirmed the word was allowable in broadcasts, and apologised for the subtitles saying ‘bullocks’!

I’m looking forward to tonights episode of this soap opera which unfortunately seems to closely mirror real life (well my real life anyway). :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ha ha very funny - not. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And Kwarteng is gone.

Not much change in the £ - the markets were convinced there would be a U-Turn and priced in it in.

Unlike Thatcher, it seems this  lady is for turning so much that she’s starting to look like a revolving door.

1 Like

Managed to get 1.156 last night hoping it may improve a little more.

1 Like

Well Truss’ shenanigans with KamiKwazi today didn’t unspook the markets… equally her disastrous Press statement didn’t help either. I don’t see much improvement before the markets close for the weekend.

I had to check the rate as almost disbelief it had dropped back but yes still the market isnt happy Truss must go.

Don’t know much about these matters, but I assume people were selling the £ on Friday afternoon in case something further happened over the weekend.

2 Likes

To butcher a phrase, with the current UK government a weekend is a long time in politics. :grin:

well, it seems Dizzy Lizzy is now trying to compete with the Two Ronnies" and their “four candles” sketch… only this time its “four chancellors” (in four months) - I’m not sure it will get the same ratings as the dynamic duo did :grin:

Total thread drift, so very sorry for that, but it did instantly remind me of this - absolutely hilarious and start crying with laughter every time I watch it :joy:

3 Likes