Auto completed, have you set up a level at which money stored in your Wise account automatically gets transferred?
Yes indeed, the correct Wise name is auto conversion, would be nice (at the moment) to be able to set a stop loss rate as well though!
Swapped £ at 3.26% interest to € at 3% interest, happy with that as well.
Can I ask, for your 3% EUR interest rate, is this on a non UK wise account - the UK wise account is 1.71% for EUR?
Thanks, would like to get y hands on 3% for my euro’s!
This maybe?
It works out at 3% gross per year if you leave it there for 5 years.
Could work but don’t want 3% after 5 years, want to enjoy the now as well as the later!
I thought it might be similar to T212’s France account offer - hence the enquiry
Hmmm does Trading212 have a banking licence, I wonder?
I can’t stand them but guessing Revolut might offer something in France, where I believe they may be covered by a banking licence.
No it doesn’t, but wise doesn’t either - they are both using QMMF’s for their interest offers. I have the UK T212 - it’s at 2.2% at the moment). My Wise UK is at 1.71%.
So a wise 3% would be useful, though as ever, these numbers get posted and then it can turn out it’s something else… - I have searched Wise for this and no result, hence my query to @Noelable
Of course, thanks for posting your heads up!
PS I think the QMMF’s are fairly sound, never guaranteed of course but pretty solid, one blip once, none in last 5 y ?
PPS - my great love of T212 is its 0.15% exchange charge on any amount (rounded) versus Wise’s 0.35% (?) on 1K.
edit - T212 shows where your money is invested, it’s not all in QMMF’s, a quick look shows for my EUR, that 30% is in HSBC, 22% in Banco Bilbao, Mizhau, DBS, JP Morgan 10% and Barclays 3.25% - so actually currently no QMMF’s.
Rev does have a European banking licence. Not a UK one (yet).
Oh I just updated on my last reply on QMMF’s, and our friend the UK reverend has just been granted the banking license -
“Our new entity, Revolut Bank UK Ltd (“Revolut Bank”), is now operational and able to accept deposits in the UK.
That means we’re now an authorised banking institution, supervised by both the Prudential Regulation Authority (“PRA”) and the Financial Conduct Authority (“FCA”).
What does this mean for me?
Your e-money account from Revolut Ltd will soon automatically transition to a UK current account with Revolut Bank (your “bank account”).
This will happen in just over 2 months.
No worries, sharing is what these forums are for. 3% interest is from my Trading 212 account. Wise, as I am sure you’re aware. isn’t really interest, (I get 1.74% on € with Wise).
Didn’t read all the other posts before replying, some strong views.out there!
A disaster. Wouldn’t toich them with a barge pole. But granted they have aome extremely tasty offers and features cureently, with some new stuff launching soon
Re T212 -
Ah great, thanks for clarifying. Looks like I should try to switch my UK T212 to France - can I ask one more questions, pretty please - are you getting the 0.15% exchange rate fee on the France T212 app? (curious coz you’re using wise for currency exchange) ![]()
I think we are interleaving posts here, presume you mean Revolut? I started with them but T212 give the same exchange ( a few cents more per K) but unlimited - of course one can pay the monthly fee for more than 1K exchange. Nice thing about Rev is you can set a limit exchange just as outrageous friend @Noelable does with wise.
Had a quick look and interestingly it is 0.15%,(that was changing € to £) I haven’t used Trading 212 to exchange currency (yet) and don’t have any £ with them - something for me to explore, thank-you.
T212 doesn’t seem to allow funding the account in a different currency than it’s set up in. So the 0.15% applies only to converting € to £ (no requirement to do that). Guessing here not going to be able to open a £ account in tandem ![]()
Cheers. The only other thing(s) comes to mind is my UK t212 is directly connected to my UK bank(s) for instant GBP deposit via true layer, so I’d have to check whether that would be supported if switched to a French T212. Interesting (ha).
The other is I get 1.5% cash back on purchases using the virtual debit card - and purchases are already processed at their ‘spot’ rate (it’s just a tiny amount off real spot) so very tasty. So would have to check the dynamics of that if switch to France also. Are you getting cash back?
Here’s the screenshot for lunch today. Spot at 14.14 UK time (payment time) was between 1.15472 and 1.15503.
We crossed again! Yes I did message them previously on that, they said for the 3% euro rate I’d have to switch my UK account to France account, just supply proof of address.
So it’s the extra 0.8% interest less france impot (so 0.6) versus the handy 0.15% exchange rate with instant UK bank transfer and the 1.5% cash back.
edit - just to say, you chose ‘wise’ly (hah) with your call on 1.16 given the 0.5% fall today (now yesterday). Now ( @KarenLot ) I could have set up in Rev at 1.1580 (their rate tracks -0.2 for over £700 odd £) to get 1158 € on the 1K ‘free’ exchange limit per month.
My guess is you’d have got 1156.50 ish on 1K with wise but still a lot more than on offer at the end of today.
So it is a useful thing to know about the Wise conditional trade especially in a volatile market, thanks.
Does anyone remember Equitable Life? Icelandic Bank? And all the financial “experts” who got stung.
If the interest rate is “interesting” then I’m with @KarenLot - wouldn’t go near it. Just saying.
I had an email saying Revolut now have a banking license.
A good view. Interest rates are usually higher for a reason.
I tend to be a broken record on this but indeed Revolut already have an EEA banking license that covers all the EU by definition with Uk coming soon. Wise as far as I know dont. I use both of them for various reasons however would only leave larger sums in Revolut in case things did go pear-shaped.

