Pre-departure test requirements for travelling to UK

Hello,

Has anyone travelled to the UK from France since the British reintroduced the need for pre-departure tests earlier this month?

My understanding is that a lateral flow test will be accepted. Is this what the French call a ‘test antigenique’? Do you have to go to a special centre to get an ‘official’ one done for travel or can you get it from any pharmacy?

I have to do mine next Saturday and the test centre near me which I found via the Air France website “doesn’t do tests at weekends” (!!!) so I was told to go to a pharmacy. I’ve never had a test since the beginning of the pandemic so I’m not sure how it all works. Will the pharmacy be able to give me a document (with a QR code?) which the British will accept?

Also - has anyone recently driven from France up to the Netherlands? Are there delays due to Covid checks on the France / Belgium, Belgiulm / Netherlands borders? I’m actually taking the ferry from Amsterdam in order to get to the UK…

Thanks!

Yes. The LFD test looks for viral antigen.

A QR code is not necessary (the test I had last Thursday to fly back from the US did not provide a QR code on the result certificate) but you do need a document from a suitable testing laboratory that states your result was negative and is clearly linked to you. They will need your passport details to link the test to you. There are specifications on the gov.uk website that tell you requirements of the test. The LFD itself takes around 15min to run, so is nice & quick.

Afternoon all

Returned to the UK for Xmas on Sat night ferry

When to our local infermier, booked a test on Friday 11:45, took a PCR test ( our choice ) got results and associated documentation by text 23.00pm same day.

Excellent service and FOC

Hope that helps

Andy

3 Likes

We did the same a week ago Andy. Great service and free :slightly_smiling_face: Unlike you know where… :shushing_face:

Thanks Ancient Mariner!

1 Like