Premium bond winnings

Winners of prizes between £10K and £100K are sent a claim form, the £1 million pound winners receive a personal visit from someone representing N S & I before it is paid out.

There is scope to avoid French tax if you win big.

1 Like

Thanks, I can sleep more easily now… :smile:
And I have downloaded the tax guides mentioned earlier in this thread. Soon be time to fill in those tricksy forms. A couple of years ago I managed to wipe out all my declared bank accounts etc. by doing that section first . (I typoed Tears ago, very apt)

Didn’t realise winnings were taxable here (!)… what if they are in the names of young children??.

Pop over to Panama or the Cayman Islands with a big suitcase. :smiley:

1 Like

I might be wrong but as you declare as ‘a family’ it would make no difference if the PB’s were in the children’s names.

You declare as a household, and the children count for an extra “0.5 part” so you get higher threshold. Swings and roundabouts.

Just FYI , I saw something in last year’s return about choosing to declare as individuals, if a couple. I didn’t investigate.

The conditions for a married couple to declare separately are limited - during first year of marriage, when you live separately if your marriage regime is separation des biens, and if the divorce proceedings have started.