Price of Petrol at the Pumps

It looks like they are buying it at a lot higher price than other countries are.

98 gone up to 2,02 yesterday in local supermarket.
95 1,98
Diesel stayed at 1,89
(46)

I think I’ll go on the motorway. It might be cheaper there soon at this rate.

They must be buying in the dearest petrol and diesel in Europe, con artists :confused:
Diesel £1.53 (which isn’t cost price) back in Scotland and £1.65 here.

I think someone somewhere is doing rather well out of this. It always amazes me, in a world of competitive markets, how can this happen, unless there is a baseline expense all competitors are having to pay e.g tax, which would hike the price up across the board versus other countries - strange :thinking:

1 Like

1.66 euros in Catalonia last weekend. 1.89 euros at home in 34 :roll_eyes:

£1.60 (well, £1.599) at the local Tesco yesterday (= 1,84€) for diesel.

You are a lot dearer than in Scotland, Asda is £1.53 there.

Tesco about £1.64 here for diesel.

Quoting your local fuel price is a waste of bandwidth unless you tell us where you are based. And ‘here’ is not helpful …

2 Likes

UK Midlands

1 Like

:rofl: :rofl: I think you’re all barmy (in the nicest possible way… ) :rofl: :rofl:

I don’t care what the price is elsewhere, especially abroad… :rofl: :rofl:
We shop in two spots… each has its petrol station… and we shall fill-up at whichever of these outlets is offering the best price on the day we need it.

4 Likes

Oxfordshire. I’d assumed it had been mentioned enough in the thread already.

There’s that word again…

1 Like

Carrefour. 108 Rue de Paris, Connerré, €1.919 (£1.67)
Asda. 1 Tryst Rd, Cumbernauld, £1.53

So you couldn’t be bothered to check back up the thread and now make this comment? Great.

Whenever one seeks to fill up the vehicle… it’s useful to be able to check Which/Where one can find the Best Price… and decide if the distance warrants the savings… :wink:

France certainly has websites for this…
eg:

and this link even shows you where the Pumps are on your journey (possibly into unknown territory :wink: ) checkout the section “Rechercher les points de vente pour un itinéraire”

The question is, why we seem to be paying 40 or 50 cents more per litre than we should be here in France,not just this week or last week but for months now.Even more concerning is that nobody seems to be concerned about the fact that this will keep food prices etc etc high.When you think back a few years when the gilet jaunes were blocking near enough every roundabout in France in protest at mainly the fuel price which was about 1.30€ /lit,it seems bizarre.

1 Like

on what do you base this claim???

That Putin chap seems to have fuel prices under control. It’s only 59c in Saudi too.

A fair assessment. :grinning:

1 Like