мир и свобода навсегда в твоем ! :sleeping::hugs:

Peace and freedom eh, hmmmm!

3 Likes

6 Likes

Glad I don’t live there! :relaxed:

5 Likes

Eeeewwww, I think I’m going to be sick :nauseated_face: :face_vomiting:

1 Like

Bizarrely when I look back there were several ‘National Treasures ‘ that I could never take to Saville,Harris ,Glitter etc were among them

Rolf Harris isn’t British.

I think he was considered an honorary national treasure

I knew that wouldn’t pass you by, @vero!

1 Like

Oh no EYE BLEACH NOW

Prime Andrew is stepping back from royal duties for the foreseeable future

I think that when the queen dies the end of the monarchy in its present form with quickly atrophy, and eventually become a dusty and inconsequential relic, along with the Established Church. The signs are everywhere to be seen, and starkly IMO.

It (the monarchy) may survive on the obverse side of UK coinage and on paper currency, but these have a short life and a very uncertain future anyway.

How it will end is hard to predict. Perhaps a referendum proposing a few humane and dignified options for dissolution, perhaps a sterner, unsentimental decision carried out by a republican administration ready to sweep the stables clean and start afresh.

Assuming it’s inevitability for sake of discussion, how might we be best rid of the House of Windsor and it’s apparatus of privilege, patronage and pretence once and for all?

Sub-prime I would have thought.

Someone has had a word in his shell-like, obviously. Probably the right thing to do.

1 Like

A reminder of the fundamental problem with monarchy - it’s OK if you happen to get a pretty good one, like the current queen, but not if you happen to get a bad one.
If Andrew had been elected he probably would have resigned; if he had been another kind of celebrity the public outcry would have cost him his position, and income - but as a royal he can withdraw from public life but actually keep his income, position and privilege.

If he is not carrying out “royal duties” then presumably it would be prudent for the Queen to reduce the amount he gets from the royal purse.

Estimates are that he has a personal net worth of about £60 million, if so he can probably cope without the salary.

He shouldn’t receive any taxpayer funding in any shape or form. If HM wants to support him out of her colossal personal wealth that’s her business but by all accounts he has a few quid himself and I think people are now asking where his personal wealth comes from.

1 Like

PA doesn’t receive any money from the taxpayer and hasn’t done for many years, I see him as the ‘black sheep’ that most families have and his behaviour will unfortunately fuel calls for the monarchy to be replaced which IMO would be a mistake.

4 Likes

I feel it is a real shame that certain companies (whatever) are withdrawing funding previously given to good causes… simply due to the fact that they disapprove of P Andrew nowadays.

I hope they will reconsider. :thinking: