Printer cartridges

Hi all,
Can anyone recommend a good cheap printer cartridge service? Refilled cartridges, that kind of thing.
Thanks.

and we used these people in the UK when we ran our business there…

I never had much success refilling ink cartridges, and got pissed off having to buy a new printer every couple of years. Spent a bit more on a do everything Epson, and you can get very cheap generic cartridges that actually work…:blush:. Still going after 8 years … or maybe I’ve tempted fate

PS. Whatever you do, don’t print this

2 Likes

Do people still have printers

Unless you absolutely need colour printing consider getting a B&W laser printer. We just bought a Brother HL-L2350DW 99€ at Darty. The first toner cartridge will print over 700 pages, regular capacity replacement cartridges (1200 pages) cost @ 38€ and high capacity ones (3000 pages) are around 65€. It’s wireless, and has AirPrint capacity so you can print from your smart phone(if your phone supports that), and to save paper does both sides printing.
We had a similar model in the US and it was still going after almost seven years. Donated it when we moved.
It’s cheaper to drink Chateau Petrus than it is to buy colour ink cartridges.

@anon65742194 will be pleased :upside_down_face:

The last two printers we acquired were bonus offers when placing orders for office supplies with Bruneau.

They now several years old both scan and print, connect via wifi and one of them (Canon 3650, about 99€ on Amazon) has automatic duplex printing, The other (Canon TS3100) pauses the print job when its printed one side so you can manually turn the paper.

Both of them can be selected to print grey scale to avoid using the more expensive colour ink.

We are using printer more and more particularly for things such as stamps, courier labels (both for sending and returning).

The scan function is used more often though.

How are you finding the printing of stamps - straightforward and cost effective as opposed to buying stamps from La Poste and where do you source your label sheets from?

It is very handy when you live in a village where the PO only open until 12. I just use normal paper and glue / tape them on.

Full disclosure - I have two printers: The Brother laser for everyday printing (and the recto/verso thing is automatic), and an Epson ink-jet for scanning and the occasional photo.
I found that even when I set the Epson on grey scale or black and white, it still consumes colour ink.

Printing stamps doesn’t cost anything other than the face value of the stamp, works for domestic and international.

Tried printing direct on envelopes, but the printer didn’t cope with the envelopes properly.

I think I got the stamp sized labels from Bruneau but I can’t be sure.

We have also printed postage paid labels for parcels using the option where the facteur/factrice picks up the parcel from your postbox. That works a treat.

This doesn’t involve printing but we have also used La Poste’s facility to send LRARs over the internet (the post office local to the recipient prints and delivers the LRAR), although that only works for domestic LRARs

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?

Thank you
Is there special software for printing off the labels?

@Graham_Lees,

the labels we use are Avery L7159-10. There are 24 labels per sheet. Bruneau are selling packs of 10 sheets for 7,75€ ttc at the moment.

Haven’t printed any stamps for a while but I recall it was possible to choose which rows you wanted to print on so you could print half-a-sheet of domestic ones and half-a-sheet of international ones.

1 Like

@graham

didn’t need any special software on our Canon when using Windows 10. Selected the appropriate Avery paper type, which rows I wanted to print and hey presto, bingo.

Plus de 450 employés, 28 000 m2 de surface et plus d’un milliard de timbres produits chaque année. L’imprimerie des timbres de Boulazac joue dans la cour des grands. Elle est l’une des dernières en Europe à produire encore des timbres.
P. Do not print off stamps, save peoples jobs & local economies.
P. N’imprimez pas de timbres, sauvez les emplois et les économies locales.

6 Likes

And you can’t send a email instead

I just go and buy a lot of stamps every so often, so nice going and choosing, all sorts of pretty stamps. I loved the statues series. I got a lovely portrait of Olympe de Gouges for a parcel last week, several were needed which gave it a certain Warholian quality.

2 Likes

So do we, buy a book at a time the nice themed ones, book or carnet last us a couple of years. If I’ve needed to print off something I’d do so at work but having visited the office 3 times since December, I’ve used the local Photographic shop in town for 15cts a sheet (so far twice this year for attestation de deplacement suite Covid-19)
P. Do not print off stamps, save peoples jobs & local economies.
P. N’imprimez pas de timbres, sauvez les emplois et les économies locales.
P. Support your local Post Office
P. Soutenez votre bureau de poste local

1 Like

Martin,

Depends what you are referring to.

An email isn’t a substitute for an LRAR as an LRAR provides both proof of postage and proof of receipt.

When people/organisations want paper copies of documents you just have to send a letter and thus you need stamps.

Grahame Pigney

P Help save paper - please don’t print this email unless you really need to.
P Sauvegardons la planète. Avez-vous vraiment besoin d’imprimer cet e-mail?