Pritti tough talking

An opinion … allowed I thought on SF ? Didn’t ask for your aggressive response :slight_smile:

Trust me, that is not agressive.

4 Likes

I’ve never understood why people comment on a political topic and then get huffy when others have a different opinion.
I may not agree with your point of view but I have no reason to be passive aggressive.

6 Likes

As she and her Dutch “husband” sheltered behind civilians in schools and hospitals whilst the troops advanced nearer, women were trained to use vests. This was stated by other women in the same camp as her. I wasn’t there so can’t prove it to British law standard but admitance that it happened and firm denial from her would help her cause as would showing some regret. She herself said she does not regret anything she did regarding ISIS. This was to the interviewer and was broadcast.

1 Like

I think it is mainly to try to close the other person down :angry:

Whaaaat!!! You must have led a very sheltered and shuttered life. I have attended the devastation following ISIS suicide bombings. Seen dead children and body parts. May I assume you have not. But surely you have read about them or even seen them burning captured men and women on cages. You have different standards beliefs to me.

1 Like

Priti is on the right track. Britain doesn’t need people like that. Nor does France.

2 Likes

As so often happens in potentially emotive threads such as this,not being in the same room as every other person posting, leaves certain remarks open to different interpretation ; for instance, some while back, I mentioned turning the royal family into cat food ; I also mentioned that the same family should be evacuated, if things turn awkward, post Brexit, to the middle of the Atlantic…
I was castigated, for want of a better word, by a now former member, for suggesting the murder of said royals.
Over-reaction can be rife, hence, some feel the need to qualify / clarify certain remarks by the use of the dreaded emoji, so that no-one’s left in any doubt.
My remark concerning the council house was very tongue-in-cheek…for me, (& perhaps others) the giveaway was the “evicting old people” bit at the end.
As we’ll never meet, I see no need to argue with you ; it was a throwaway comment, not meant for analysis.
I possibly do have different standards & beliefs from your own, but that’s what makes “Life” interesting.

4 Likes

where do you suggest they go? Currently there are 70000 ISIS members being held in camps in IRAQ organising themselves for the next phase of JIHAD.

No idea Pete but Ms Begum nailed her coulours to the mast. She left her country to fight against the UK and others so maybe she should remain in her adopted country ? I and my family certainly wouldn’t want her as a neighbour.

4 Likes

her adopted country was the ISIS Caliphate which no longer exists. I have no sympathy for her either but dumping her on another country seems a tad unfair. In general the WAR ON TERROR has been a complete disaster what was a small group of Jihadists numbering in the hundreds amd living in caves in AFGHANISTAN is now a global movement with tens of thousands of adherents.

Your comments are IMO reasonable and constructive, and typify the overall climate in which the forum conducts itself.

There are occasional misunderstandings but the strength of the forum is, I think, the rich loam of opinion, interest and experience it provides in which everyone can grow and flourish.

Even weeds like moi. (Weed emojis anyone?)

I think that bringing her back to face justice would be a great advertisement for the high standards of ethical behaviour of British society. And would lead to rigorous steps to ensure that she reformed and did not pose a continuing threat.

Of course some might see it as a sign of weakness, but isn’t there a possibility too that some disillusioned jihadists might take heart and give up the fight, and that hardened jihadists might have cause to question their extreme beliefs, even if they didn’t advertise their doubts?

Vengeful behaviour reinforces the power of demagogues over the susceptible and hardens attitudes in favour of retaliation.

Simple common sense, but when anger is stoked reason often goes out of the window.

2 Likes

I have a feeling that there is some very hidden background negotiations going on at a level of Government that we hardly know exists, to bring her back. The reasons I think this?

1. To keep her Community (or maybe not keep but try to bring) on side.
  2. With the hope and expectation that she can be ‘re-educated’ ( a haunting expression but apt) into normal society…
    and 3. Once this is achieved, then maybe get her to work with young persons of a similar persuasion to turn them away from the path they might mistakenly choose.

Maybe I am being too simple in my thoughts… perhaps she is too far radicalised.

1 Like

We all make mistakes when we are young.
At 14, listened to a lot of Heavy Metal; grew my hair; & wore mostly denim…far too much, probably.
Some years later, I saw the error of my ways, & realised that other music existed. With the help of friends, I overcame my difficulties & became more acceptable to a wider section of the community.
I still listen to HM, but not to the extent where the neighbours would visit to “speak” with my parents.
Maybe there’s hope for the young lady; she may come to realise that “RELIGION” (bleughhhh!) as with music, is available in other flavours.

1 Like

I would still ask what happens to the children who are the result of such intercourse other than social. They are in camps, surrounded by barbed wire and armed guards in Syria. There was one 12 year old boy interviewed who was taken to Syria by his father (I believe from France). His father is dead and he is stuck in the camp - what happens to him. The Belgian orphans have been repatriated I believe if someone could tell me what exactly is happening or supposed to happen to these children I would like to know. I do not want to hear that old cherry from the bible “the sins of the parents shall be visited on the children” either. There was a report this morning on one of the European stations about these children and the French psychiatrist/counsellor who visited them he said I have yet to see evidence that young children reared in these camps will become terrorists if they return home - I believe he was inferring that it is nurture rather than nature that makes the change.

1 Like

@PatsieFear records this: “There was a report this morning on one of the European stations about these children and the French psychiatrist/counsellor who visited them he said I have yet to see evidence that young children reared in these camps will become terrorists if they return home…”

I agree with her and the professional who said it.

I think the term radicalised and radicalisation needs to be more closely examined.

They carry the implausible connotation of permanent, irreversible brain change, like ideological ‘brainwashing’ which is itself a wide-screen cinematic figment of the creative imagination, bearing no relation to neurological or psychological reality.

People can be manipulated into adopting ideas or behaviours that conflict with earlier ones, but the change is reversible if appropriate measures are brought into play: measures that don’t involve torture, inserting glowing probes into the cringing white matter, or incarcerating people in re-education centre with images of Big Brother on every wall or screen.

It pays to remember the fable of the Emperor’s New Clothes. It only took a young voice to be raised to dispel the whole illusion. “But, mummy, he’s got nothing on!” :scream::shushing_face::zipper_mouth_face::joy:

The human mind is indeed malleable, but it’s more like play-do than wet cement.

Who would want to go to the largest open air lunatic asylum in the world? Oh sorry I forgot that title is now in the possession of the Former United Kingdom.

2 Likes

Well dodged

If you say so, Graham…
I’ll take it as a compliment, however it was meant