Problem with email notifications

I leave my PC on all day as it’s my “go to” place when I’m having a cup of tea. SF is one of my bookmarks - I’m always logged in. So one click and I’m on the front page.

I wonder why your “latest” means you miss things? Have you looked at your “tracking” settings? Bottom LH corner of an individual thread there are various levels: Watching/Tracking/Normal/Muted.
I’m on “tracking” with all of mine, which means I get a count of new replies because I read or post to the thread. What are yours set to?

Mine is set to Tracking too, never noticed it before, should I change then?

My computer is on all day too, but not to SF, usually to the Mail Orange page, I normally only go to SF first thing but then afterwards only if there is a notification, hence my problem if there is an absence of them.

I did a little experiment, haven’t time at the moment to do it again and note down the results, but clicking on the Menu (top right) and New, does not produce exactly the same as Latest. They are there but with other things in between.

Someone else may be able to help you with that. I’m guessing (though don’t know) if you change the setting to (what seems to be highest level) “watching” you’ll see every new reply, regardless of your own behaviour.

OK, I’ll wait for the word from above. :wink: :rofl:

1 Like