Problems with Doctolib

I do understand it.

'Beyond the normal contributions’ ? Irrelevant. That is not the point. The point is that in the first instance there is a financial aspect to making a choice, as the Amelie site quite clearly indicates. You have chosen to ignore that.

[quote=“JaneJones, post:39, topic:41508”]
Would you want a system where you were sent to someone without your advance agreement that it will cost you €50 more?

Actually, at this point I would happily pay that to get seen. The difficulty I am having even getting to speak to a person, rather than being fobbed off with an auto-message that leads nowhere [“Aucune disponsibilite en ligne”] , as every d/lib listing has produced, would be worth that.

I understand perfectly well why the system is as it is - and I am trying to get you to understand that I understand it!

You re right about that. 48 hrs supposedly. But I found that after 24+ hours it started to smell bad …

I have found that changing regularly to a fresh dressing has made a considerable difference to how ‘clean’ the lesion is.

Good idea to wait a bit, Lyon is under a canicule situation at the moment and would not be as comfortable as later on in the year.Thats why my feet are being done next mont and in October so they can heal without all the sweaty heat currently that operations in summertime can take longer to heal and be more susceptible to infections.

1 Like

I have the form for ’ Complimentaire …’ here. As far as I can tell, I would qualify.

As long as it doesn’t result in "What!? You need this 'cos you’re brassic? Then you can’t afford to live here! Hand back your W.A. CdS! Go back to England!" :grinning:

We are having a canicule coming up. Just when my very fair complexioned daughter is coming to stay.

There was a debacle over UK S1 holders being entitled to CSS, now resolved. So yes you are entitled. The unknown is that the authorities have yet to publish the requirements to renew a 5 year WARP card. It may be that if your income is below the threshold you will be required to keep renewing every now and then and won’ be eligible for a permanent card (aka 10 year card). But you will not be asked to leave!! You are resident and as long as you don’t murder anyone you’re fine to stay.

We will have to agree to disagree as much of what you write suggests to me that you are not completely understanding the system. And by the way it is Ameli, no i. Perhaps contact one of their mediators.

2 Likes

Please don’t wait… get that Application in for the Complimentaire… health is too important to mess up… and, as Jane says, they won’t chuck you out… at worst, they’ll give you more time to reorganize your finances before granting a permanent card… but they will not say “on yer bike”…

2 Likes

Ah! Stella! Only the Lotto can do that. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Ah yes, but… you’ve surely done the annual Declaration of Worldwide Income here in France… so France will know your financial situation already… so no surprises.

Be brave… there’s help available and Healthcare is one area NOT to shilly-shally around…
get it done and dusted… (pretty please… :wink: )

2 Likes

Relocate to 14/50. Here we have what the posh people’s paint co, Farrow and Ball, call ‘Normandy Grey’. We have had that, plus loads of rain, days at a time, all July, into Aug … I can hear the river Vire, nice and full, happily gurgling along, 50m below my house.

Well, it is above the threshold but not so much that I can betake myself of one of Fabian’s finest mutes.

Having eliminated a vehicle policy by selling my van, reduced my internet p.m.'s by €16 p.m [Orange to Sosh for the same thing] I was ready to go for a mute.

Then EDF upped my p.m’s from €80 to €147… :anguished:

I’ve added you to my “list”… if I do win Millions… there will be many, many happy people… :+1: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

You know there are 2 levels? Income below 9719/ year gets you a fully supported Policy. But income below €13,120 you get a very low cost one. I think around €25 a month.

1 Like

We are having storms here too.
Cluny flooded the other day and torrential rain at St Bonnet de Joux this morning.
Some areas of the Beaujolais have suffered problems with their vines.

Here we just get hours and hours of drizzle or thick mizzle - very reminicent of UK.

In fact, a neighbour said to me the other day that the persistent poor weather was account of there being English about the place. How we laughed !

Mine was €13619 last year :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Bummer :face_with_peeking_eye:
spend that extra €499 on staying healthy so don)t need any medical care at all.

1 Like

Do frais réels and you may be able to set things against tax.

1 Like

@captaineendeavour I feel for you - am getting close to your situation dentist-wise.

In your espace on ameli you can apply for CSS, all done online now, but may take months to process (IME in 46, 2 months this year). Probably an interview but your département’s Caisse/CPAM may have a different process. They approved me at the interview and set me up immediately. Very different from last year I was shocked.

Please, please get online or call them and start the process.

As I also have an S1, in principle I have also retained access to the NHS in the UK - is this more feasible for you if you just need to get seen, at least to set your mind at rest? would not preclude your still getting what you can here in case any longer followup could be necessary.

Wondering if Paris might have more availability…
you have a not too costly train connection… I am even wondering about this for dentist but I’m far from train.

1 Like

I think limits are fractionally higher than that now, having asked at my successful CSS interview 2 months ago - up to 14089? istr you pay 25-30 euros per month. Below, (weaker recollection) 10025? or so, you don’t pay. It’s on ameli.fr under CSS.

That’s where the figures come from :grin:. I think you are quoting the ones for DOM-TOMs.

1 Like