Putting initial offer in via email?

Hi - we are considering putting an offer on a house in France. Normally this is done over the phone but I’m not confident enough on the phone to put in a verbal offer (The agent we are dealing with does not speak English and I have just basic conversational French (we’ve been to the house a couple of times and I’ve managed OK thus far but I wouldn’t be comfortable going through the next steps in French)

I was wondering can we make our offer in writing by email without it being viewed as a legal document (if the offer is accepted, we would engage a notaire to include clauses for the Compromis de Vente but it’s just to try and negotiate the price initially ourselves before getting a notaire involved)?

Many thanks

You do need to mention any clauses when making the offer as they are part of your offer that the vendor needs to consider whether to accept.

I don’t think there would be an issue making an offer by email alternatively there may be an English speaking agent at the agency who could help and get all of the information for the offer which is more than just the amount involved.

1 Like

Thanks for that Matt - really appreciate it.

I think you posted this on Facebook too and you could do worse than use Samantha’s service. She’ll almost certainly save you more than she costs and guide you through the minefield of house buying in France.

1 Like

Ah that’s great to know. I had a look at her website and she definitely has a lot of good reviews. Many thanks :slight_smile:

Could we have a link for future reference please? Thankings much.

Agreed, googling “Samantha’s services” doesn’t come up with quite the website I was hoping for. :grin:

5 Likes

Ooops!! :smiley:

2 Likes

I may know of somewhere that can help :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes