Quarantine travel - serious question!

If you are self quarantining, you cannot leave your abode. There is no dispensation for essential shopping. You will need to get deliveries arranged. This is proving difficult for many people as the online shopping services are being fully utilised, and are increasingly required to focus on the more vulnerable people. Effectively, you would need to get friends/family to do shopping for you.

‘Let the train take the strain’
Anybody else remember that slogan for British Rail?
The best way to travel IMO :+1:

3 Likes

I believe the text actually has a “unless there is no other option” rider.

Apparently I was wrong about this - see below.

1 Like

Yes, well like I said previously, there needs to be some ‘get out’ clause especially for people who have returned from holiday and hadn’t scheduled deliveries.

1 Like

The official position is stated below:

In England, you can only leave your accommodation in limited circumstances. These include where:

• you need urgent medical assistance (or where your doctor has advised you to get medical assistance)
  • you need access to basic necessities like food and medicines, but only in exceptional circumstances such as where you cannot arrange for these to be delivered
  • you need to access critical public services such as social services and victim support services, but only in exceptional circumstances
  • you need to go to the funeral of a family member of someone you live with
  • you need to visit a dying or critically ill family member or someone you live with
  • you need to fulfil a legal obligation such as participate in legal proceedings
  • there’s an emergency

If you were challenged the onus would be for you to prove you couldn’t arrange deliveries of food & medicines.

1 Like

Quite doable given the issues people are having getting delivery slots.

And - as a separate issue, from most of the people I know of who have been holidaying in rural France or Spain and then got whacked with a surprise lockdown, I would imagine that the majority, whilst being very law abiding types generally, are not going to adhere 100% because they believe it to be farcical. They are all from the group who are social distancing like mad anyway in the UK as they don’t want to catch anything!

Frankly, I can’t imagine someone as sensible as @cat… wandering out in public unless absolutely necessary…

and the rules allow for just that… absolutely necessary…

there are many others who flout rules and the good, common sense… just for the fun of it… or because they don’t care…

@Cat is NOT one of those…

take care Catharine… and good luck :hugs:

2 Likes

Actually re-reading the web page I linked earlier you really aren’t allowed out to go shopping even if there is no way to get a delivery.

But I was planning to go clubbing and eat in Weatherspoons @Stella!

Bugger. Sounds like it will just be back to providing moral support for my elderly father whilst he is dealing with demented mother. Plus the odd emergency shopping trip to Boots for more incontinence pads should there be an ‘emergency’ :slight_smile:

If of course, the NHS volunteers are not available at that precise moment…

4 Likes

That is shocking!

Are you eligible for the free vouchers in Witherspoons?
You can get one here

1 Like

Agree, but you would presumably need to have tried the system and failed in order to legitimate.

Out of interest and in anticipation of owning my own free personal weather-spoon, my enquiries led me here…

The model shown looks as if, centrally placed on the dining table, it might make serving pot au feu or à prawn cocktail expeditiously to an intimate dinner party… :shrimp::cocktail::hugs:

and « in your face » :grin:

1 Like

Quite.

Just buy one of these https://www.funkybunky.co.uk/Item/Dominic-Cummings-mask

1 Like

Probably won’t work in France though :slight_smile:

1 Like

No you can travel back and forward and especially if you are on the tunnel as you don’t need or are in fact allowed to get out of the car.

Catherine I have just completed the first of three return journeys to France.

No problem entering France

UK Gov form completed online and returned today through Eurotunnel. An officious border control officer asked a few more questions than normal but no problems coming back into the UK.

2 Likes