Quotes To Live By

I read something on Facebook yesterday - and I liked it :+1: So, I thought I’d share it and ask you if you have any quotes to live by…??

"None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Eat the delicious food. Walk in the sunshine. Jump in the ocean. Say the truth you’re carrying in your heart like hidden treasure. Be silly. Be kind. Be weird. There’s no time for anything else."

Anthony Hopkins
Hopkins

12 Likes

Always look on the bright side of life

Or…

Life’s a piece of shit, when you look at it

3 Likes

“With our thoughts we make the world”

Opening words, The Dhammapadha, ‘Sayings of the Buddha’ , Siddhartha Gautama, 600 BCE.

3 Likes

“What we do in life echoes through eternity”

Gladiator (film)

2 Likes

My favourite and one I believe to be so true that I try and use it’s message every day -

‘sarcasm is the lowest form of wit but the highest form of intelligence’ :grinning:

5 Likes

Love this one too…

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent"

Eleanor Roosevelt
Eleanor

5 Likes

I have two problems with the first quote in this thread.

The first is that it it is not by Anthony Hopkins.

The second is that, although I am no believer in suffering or privation being good for the soul, it seems to embody the idea that we should pander to our own desires without consideration of others - if we wish to preserve the planet for future generations we need to be careful about that.

1 Like

That’s fine Paul - I think there are a few people who lay claim to the original quote - another of them being Nanea Hoffman. Who said it wasn’t really the point of the topic. I’m simply trying to encourage those who want to, to share their own special quotes, words, whatever…it’s not really a ‘right’ or ‘wrong’ thing…

I’ve stared down the barrel of the gun recently and, as a result, I like the words on the opening quote of this topic. If you don’t, or you have ‘problems’ with it - that’s fine :slight_smile:

Maybe it’s just a matter of perspective

2 Likes

What I find myself saying… more and more these days… “treat each day as a Gift and make the most of it”…

3 Likes

A quote by Michel Audiard…

7 Likes

Laugh out loud moment there Joyce - thanks !! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Funnily enough I’ve read them previously and thought then mildly inspirational, although as you seem to be aware their attribution is… ambiguous.

It was only when i re-read them in your post and thought “hang on a mo…”

We all need a good laugh now and again…

2 Likes

“Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass but learning to dance in the rain…”

And…

“Fate whispered to The Warrior…you will never withstand the storm…and The Warrior whispered back…I AM The Storm…” x :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Re “Dancing in the rain during a thunderstorm…”

Advisedly, in rubber boots. :scream::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain::boot::zap::joy:

3 Likes

Maybe not to live by, but one to keep in mind:

There’s a reason you separate military and the police. One fights the enemies of the state, the other serves and protects the people. When the military becomes both, then the enemies of the state tend to become the people.

6 Likes

Lol…! Most of the time I’m either in wellies or barefoot…I love the feel of wet grass between my toes…

Every time my kids come over then we write out an itinerary for the week…it always includes an evening around a camp fire in the back garden…

Last summer there was a fair bit of rain so we kept moving the campfire event further towards the end of the week…eventually we decided it couldn’t be delayed any longer so during a storm we built a campfire under the shelter of the massive cherry tree and just went for it…we took photos of all the elements…wind rain earth fire rainbows lightening…it was wonderful…x :slight_smile:

4 Likes

“Life is a shit sandwich”
apparently the more bread you have the less shit you have to eat

1 Like

Hmm, more like:

“Life is [like] a shit sandwich”
No matter how much bread you have, there is still some shit you have to eat

1 Like

Reminding me of the characters in Animal Farm…! x :slight_smile: