Radio 4 asked people for phrases they'd like confined to Room 101

no longer fit for purpose courtesy of JRM

God yes. Seriously irritatingā€¦

Iconicā€¦

Eek, I said that before! Shows how much I hate it. But donā€™t seem to be able to delete postā€¦

Well JRM isnā€™t fit for purpose so I guess it fits :slight_smile:

ā€œThank you for having meā€ (as the actress said to the bishop).

Now used fawningly by all TV ā€˜studio guestsā€™ when gushingly congratulated for having put in 3 minutes of brainless appearance on a non-topic.

Thatā€™s a repeat. I loathed it then, and I detest it still.

ā€œAt the end of the dayā€ (itā€™s tomorrow)

1 Like

Spouted by every politician nowadays ā€¦

ā€œThe fact of the matter isā€

ā€œWhat I would say isā€¦ā€ (a glib political way of avoiding a straight answer to a direct question). :rage:

I turned round and saidā€¦

ā€œMy badā€ :grimacing: lol

( that lot should annoy a few people! - especially with an added emoji or 2 for effect) :laughing:

Just reading the list is irritating!

Though it reminds me how sensible I was to stop Facebook.

My contribution: ā€œI have two beautiful children ā€¦ā€

ā€œturbochargeā€, and ā€œenergiseā€, also ā€œoptimiseā€, and possibly even ā€œs*domiseā€: if you arenā€™t thoroughly browned off with them now, youā€™ll be sick as a flock of parrots with avian flu by Halloweā€™en, if not a lot sooner! :face_vomiting: (first time Iā€™ve used the vomitemoji, reminds me slightly of absent friendsā€¦)

And how about this beaut?:

ā€œA golden age for global Britainā€ :thinking::disappointed_relieved:

Yes itā€™s Bojo. Canā€™t wait!

Anyone remember that bbc sit com with Ronnie Corbett wher the actress playing his Mum coined the awful phrase " Language Timothy" . It became an annoying trope which really got on my tits - which of course is another phrase lā€™d like to see dumped in Room 101ā€‹:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:

It was called ā€œSorryā€ I think

1 Like