Re-registering English Cars in France

:rofl: :rofl: I suspected a trailer might be needed and there might be one available… there’s no reason why not… if not, the transport costs need to be popped into the equation for whichever country…

We had our own car-trailer for many years … no hassle popping back and forth to UK, depending on whether we were delivering or collecting a vehicle…

A CoC from any country is supposed to be accepted but the problem is that the CoC for UK cars often says that it’s approved for driving on the left. It used to be ignored but is being picked up more and more and it’s often the luck of the draw in who’s processing it in ANTS. I’ve registered a few vehicles and never had to change any headlights, though I’ve chosen to do so.

1 Like

Is this a new thing?

That was exactly the problem, Mazda France removed the reference to driving on left once I proved the headlights had been changed.

One of those things that are very handy indeed.

I’m currently on the lookout for a motorcycle trailer so that I can bring it with me when it house purchase is complete. We’re going to have two years between Paris and Vienne and I don’t want to be without it in either place :blush:

Jan 22 I believe. It’s basically €10 per kg above 1800kg.

Just a thought… will the French ScrapVehicle Dealer… buy a UK registered car ??? if so, that might well be the cheaper option…

Does anyone have the answer ???

We are on the verge of buying a new (ish) car - blimey they are expensive! No dealer will accept as a trade in my 16 year old French registered RHD Honda CRV 220,000km.

Just looked it up, its for cars first registered (in France and elsewhere) after Jan 2022, so shouldn’t apply here. Bugger, just looking at the new RRS!

Not sure where you got that from but the French government website says it’s due on first registration in France of new or imported vehicles.

À partir du 1er janvier 2022 , un véhicule de tourisme immatriculé pour la 1re fois en France (neuf ou importé) est soumis à la taxe sur la masse en ordre de marche (malus au poids).

En cas de véhicule d’occasion importé, la taxe s’applique lorsque le véhicule a été immatriculé pour la 1ere fois à l’étranger à partir de 2022.

I read that as cars registered abroad before 2022 aren’t included

Luckily our van was old enough to be classed as historic so we just paid 60 euros to register it with FFVE and no inspections were needed. Land rovers were selling well so it might be worth advertising it in the UK. We sold a series 3 unseen and someone was sent by the buyer to collect it - that was when we were living in the UK. Other than that look for Mark Rimmers Facebook page he should be able to advise you. Good luck.

You’re right. Sorry* I missed that bit.

• I know, saying sorry on the internet :roll_eyes::blush:
1 Like