Recipe for Navy Rum christmas cake

Found this recipe on another group.

Here yet again this year, I’ve had requests for my Navy Rum Christmas Cake recipe so here goes. Please keep in your files as I am beginning to get tired of typing this up every year! (Made mine this morning!!!)

500g sugar, 500g butter, 1 tsp. baking powder, 100ml water, 1 tsp. salt , 1 200g brown sugar, 2 Lemons juiced, 4 large eggs, 1 litre bottle Navy Rum, 400g dried fruit, 200g mixed nuts, 350g self raising flour.

Sample a cup of Rum to check quality. Stroke the cat. Take a large bowl, check the rum again to be sure it is of the highest quality then repeat. Turn on the electric mixer. Beat 400g of butter in a large fluffy bowl. Add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Beat again. At this point, it is best to make sure the rum is still OK. Try another cup just in case. Turn off the mixerer thingy. Break 2 eegs and add to the bowl and chuck in the dried fruit. Stroke the cat. Pick the fruit up off the floor, wash it and put it in the bowl a piece at a time trying to count it. Mix on the turner. If the fried druit get as stuck in the beaterers, just prize it loose with a drewscriver. Sample the rum to test for tonsisticity. Nexsht, sift 200g of salt, or something. Check the rum. Croke the stat. Now slice the lemon juice and strain the nuts. Add one table. Add a spoon of sugar. Whatever you can find. Greash the oven. Turn the cake tin 180 degrees and try not to fall over. As the oven comes round hang on. Don’t forget to beat off the turner. Finally, throw the bowl through the window. Finish off the rum and wipe the torkwop with the cat.

8 Likes

sounds like my favourite recipe… :rofl: :hugs: